Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

SRS Light

Old 07-28-2002, 06:17 PM
KIMistry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Answer: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292043029
Old 07-10-2003, 05:24 PM
raichuzai

Paperclip method works perfect.....I could reset it within a minute.....I don't know where the article was orginally from, but just post a "Thank You" in here.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:56 PM
SJTrance

Originally Posted by raichuzai
Paperclip method works perfect.....I could reset it within a minute.....I don't know where the article was orginally from, but just post a "Thank You" in here.

Guys, this is exactly what I was looking for. Any more info of how the paperclip method works? The Eclipse imagestation pics are Greek to me. I have a 2000 Accord Coupe. It's actually vital that I figure this out soon. Thanks, guys.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:13 AM
BigTicket

Hey, I was in the same boat when Circuit City ****ed up a amp install under my passenger seat. To reset it is quite easy. Go to this site for instructions and pics. It says it's for 95 accords but my 2002 looked the same so your 2000 accord should also. You can use a paper clip, I just used a piece of speaker wire. You may not get it on the first try (I didn't) but just keep trying and you should get it to work. Good luck.

http://www.hondapitstop.com/accord/t...1/SRS/srs.html
Old 01-28-2004, 01:42 AM
BigTicket

Damn, you know what I just went out to my car to double check and it doesn't look like the 95 accord at all. The plug you are looking for IS yellow but it doesn't have the yellow wrap around the wires. Also, unlike the picture, mine is actually pluged into something, not a plug cover. Look behind the steering column and you should see two yellow plugs and it will be the one that looks like the picture in the link I provided. I tried taking a picture of it but it's 11:30pm right now and the pictures look like crap. If you still have problems tomorrow I'll get some pics of what to look for on here for ya.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:42 AM
doubleforte

Default 1999 Civic SRS Reset

I was searching the net to find a way to reset the SRS light on a 1999 Civic, when I ran across this link, which referred to an Accord :

http://www.hondapitstop.com/accord/t...1/SRS/srs.html

The Civic "reset plug" is a bit different. There is a 2-pin yellow connector that is plugged into the face of the fuse box. The connector contains 2 green wires. This connector is simply being "stowed" there, instead of hanging free in a wire bundle. It is not connected to any electrical pins, but is plugged into a fake recepticle. Unplug it, and follow the instructions for resetting the SRS light. It worked great for me, and saved me a trip to the dealer (and $80)

1. turn ignition switch off, unplug the yellow service connector from the fuse box. (remember, it is NOT connected electrically, it is just stowed there). It is above the fuses, towards the top-right.
2. use a paper clip, or a piece of wire to connect (jump) the 2 pins in the connector
3. turn ignition switch on
4. SRS light will come on for 6 secs then go out, remove the jumper within 4 secs after the light goes out.
5. the SRS light will come on again, reconnect the jumper within 4 secs after the light has come on.
6. the SRS light will go off, remove the jumper with in 4 secs after the light has gone off.
7. the SRS light will blink 2 times indicating the memory is reset.
8. Turn the ignition switch to off and wait for 10 seconds.