Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

issues

Old 11-10-2003, 09:23 AM
Iceberg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default issues

alright, i installed a system into my "g/f" s car, and now we have some trouble.......

alright, basically her car ran outta battery, not b/c of the system, she had it jumped, and than her subs cut out...........i looked at the fuse under the hood....fine, and i still replaced it............. checked most of the wiring......everything is fine...there isn't anything loose or disconnect to the subs... there's no fuse on her amp.........don't ask me why................

her sysyem consists of:
2 10" rf punch subs (not my 1st choice)
200watt rf amp...

wired bridged, i'm running outta ideas for what it could be...give me an idea of what to look for.............

thanks...lata

Eric
Old 11-12-2003, 05:51 AM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Is the amp power light coming on?? Or is it possibly in protection mode? A word of advice, those RF amps w/o fuses NEED TO BE FUSED CLOSE TO THE AMP. Don't ask me why the designers didn't put fuses on the amp, but it does need to be fused about 12in. up the power in front of the amp. This will be a preventative measure to ensure you don't toast your amp.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:11 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

How did you wire the amp up??? Using a real remote wire or just a jimmy wire from the the power wire???
Old 11-13-2003, 07:06 AM
Iceberg

there's 2 seperate wires...... the 12v from battery and than the one from the back of the h.u.

actually now that i think about it, it's getting power, but is likely to be in protection mode....how do i take it out of portection mode?

i dunno what to do, i get to probe the system.......hmmm, not the correct wording, but i get to search for the problem on friday.......hopefully find something out....
Old 11-13-2003, 04:55 PM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Originally posted by Iceberg
there's 2 seperate wires...... the 12v from battery and than the one from the back of the h.u.

actually now that i think about it, it's getting power, but is likely to be in protection mode....how do i take it out of portection mode?

i dunno what to do, i get to probe the system.......hmmm, not the correct wording, but i get to search for the problem on friday.......hopefully find something out....
I hope you have 3 wires. You should have 12V power. Remote. and Ground. If you don't have a ground wire, there lies your problem
Old 11-14-2003, 09:10 AM
Iceberg

no i have the ground, i talking about 2 main power supply wires.....and a ground wire.....

this thing has got me confused......:dunno:
Old 11-14-2003, 12:59 PM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Make sure all connections are secure. PLEASE FUSE THAT AMP!! You'll be pissed when it gets fried, and so will your girl (which means no pussy for you :fawk: )when you toast it cause you didn't fuse it close to the amp. Also, please let us know which lights are on (if any) so we can help you determine the problem.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:25 AM
Iceberg

when i actually got to look at the amp....which was for 15 mins.... ...there's only one l.e.d......... it's red..... the amp is fused at the battery end of the power supply.......

that's it.....

the car got jumped 3 weeks-1month ago..... and we can't figure the fawking thing out, all connections look good....i messed w/ the amp -sub wires, and the power supply, and ground wires everything looks good......

good thing she paid for the warranty....guess wednesday, we take it back, and get a new one...

unless anyone has a bright idea....

.........i suppose, my RF amp is better off, i have 2 fuses...a standard 2-prong fuse at the battery , and than a huge 60 amp tube fuse closest to my amp...

anyway, i'll let ya'll know what happens