Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Speaker Specs on 2004 Civic EX Coupe????

Old 11-04-2003, 01:27 AM
04Civic18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Specs on 2004 Civic EX Coupe????

I just bought a 2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe and boy is it SWEET! I hope to have pictures up soon. But I was wondering if someone could tell me what speakers it comes with? I know the rear ones are Pioneer 6x9's but what about the Front Door and Tweeters on the Front Door as well??? Also thinking of getting 2 12" Audiobahn AW122T's with 1000watts Peak each (550watts RMS)and a Performance Teknique 779 1200 watt amp for $500 installed and all. All brand new but wondering if its a good deal. Is it? Anyone know if Audiobahn is good at all or realiable? Any response would greatly be appreciated. Thanx!
Old 11-04-2003, 01:52 PM
Mex_In_Action

i would like to know also since i just bought my 2004 civic sedan EX?
Old 11-04-2003, 03:43 PM
97teg

Audiobahn stuff is ok not great. A lot of people into car audio don't like them cause they put more effort in to looks than the actaual internals of the amp. As for Performance Teknique 779 Ive never herd of the brand but did a search and suspect its probably not putting out its rated power for that amount of money. Most quality amps will cost you about about 75 cents per watt to give you an idea and will boast rms watts, not peak like that one. What is your budget and are you aming for loud or good sounding?
Old 11-05-2003, 12:06 AM
04Civic18

What Im actually looking to spend is about $500. Is there any certain subs and amp you recomend that I can get for that price? Im going to putt them in the trunk of a Civic so I dunno if loud is the way to go because of the rattleing I'm gonna get so maybe ill go for good sounding.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:30 AM
97teg

If you want good sounding them maybe an Image dynamics idq 12 or id 12.
http://www.sounddomain.com/shoplist~...s~t~Subwoofers

Just to get an idea some may be on backorder from there but they are the only authorized place online if you don't have a local dealer. Id say maybe 1 12 for now and then if its not enough you can get another later on when you have more money. Just make sure the box is built to specs. Its very important for a sub to have the proper box built for it. If you want more output maybe a ported box before you buy another 12. Bad boxes can make good subs sound bad.
As far as an amp this one shop said their installer sweared by these amps. By no means top of the line but very good amp for the money.
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/COU401SE
These are just some suggestions. I think it is way better equipment than the audiobahns but will probably not be as loud with jsut one 12. If you have the budget you could just go with two 12's or 10's. That amp should have enough juice for a pair. It might be a bit over your budget though with install.