Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Electrical Question

Old 10-24-2003, 07:36 PM
Phat8186

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Question

Ok I am kinda new to the whole electrical wiring stuff in my car but, here we go be gental I have a couple of questions for ya.
Ok I have a 96 Honda Accord EX, now i want to hook up some neon lights in the inside of my car and some neon gauges. Am I correct when saying that the car battery is 12v iff not please correct me if I am wrong. But I figured since it might be 12v I can hook up a basic relay for all the neon lights that i want to hook up. Since most of the applications ask for 12v of power and since the battery is a constant power source when the car is on. Please if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:00 AM
acuradriva

yes cars run on a 12V system. even though when you start the car the altenator runs everything not the battery. the alt puts out 14.4 V so that it can charge the battery. but it is still called a 12V system.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:01 PM
SOHKeg

what you've said is true, but dont' forget the battery is a 12v constant source not only when the car is on, but also when it's off. use a 12v accessory if you want it to work while your car is on