Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

concealing a new deck..

Old 10-14-2003, 02:15 AM
Tirod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default concealing a new deck..

my stereo was recently stolen, all but my speakers, and i am gonna buy a plain jane alpine cd/cdr deck... however i want to somehow cover the stock spot for it with a plate or something and hide the deck in the glovebox or under a seat...

anybody know anywhere to find this type of accessory for the stock place and/or any pics of a similar setup?? in the future I would use the plastic plate to mount guages.. thx!!
Old 10-14-2003, 09:00 AM
mike01civic

ive seen this done before...find an old factory honda tape deck and remove the face of it. recess your [insert favorite brand here] cd player a bit to accomodate the false honda deck and make it appear stock. there u go
Old 10-14-2003, 10:33 AM
Tirod

Originally posted by mike01civic
ive seen this done before...find an old factory honda tape deck and remove the face of it. recess your [insert favorite brand here] cd player a bit to accomodate the false honda deck and make it appear stock. there u go
abouot the recess a cd deck part.. what does that mean?
Old 10-14-2003, 05:39 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by tirodēslc
abouot the recess a cd deck part.. what does that mean?
It means to mount the deck so it sits back a lil further than normal to accomodate the thickness of the false deck face you're gonna use for the install. It's easier said than done, it's gonna take some fabrication to accomplish that but it'll be well worth it. Good luck.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:47 PM
Tirod

Originally posted by VRGNCD5
It means to mount the deck so it sits back a lil further than normal to accomodate the thickness of the false deck face you're gonna use for the install. It's easier said than done, it's gonna take some fabrication to accomplish that but it'll be well worth it. Good luck.
oh i gotcha.. i dunno .. the deck i want has a detach face.. i may just keep that witih me at work and ish.. i was just never into that hassle lol
Old 10-15-2003, 05:41 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by tirodēslc
oh i gotcha.. i dunno .. the deck i want has a detach face.. i may just keep that witih me at work and ish.. i was just never into that hassle lol
I felt the same way, until some fagmo's broke into and stole my car and took every accessory I put on it, to the tune of a lil over 5g's:madfawk:

I'd gladly take the extra 5 seconds to remove the face on my deck now, and just as gladly deal w/the bulky summamabitch in my pocket