Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

What 'd ya think??

Old 10-13-2003, 11:26 PM
oldskool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What 'd ya think??

I've seen some people with DVD players and PS2s and stuffin their car, and I think it's kinda pointless, but I thought of a better idea ... installing a NES!! I'm a vintage junkie and love playing NES now and then. I got a 88 Lude, so I could put the controller plugs in that flip open thing under my deck. The console would be stripped and installed behind the dash. The power and reset buttons would be relocated to the fip open thing. It'd just ROCK! As for cartidges ... well ... maybe something with the glove compartment ... hey using that flip open thing for cartidges would be sick. Then I'd put the controller plugs right on the dash! Now that's completely sick right there. It's do-able too. Got a NES and 1000000 games for it. It'd be great fun for anybody crusing around with me (I'm gonna be driving everybody around when I get my license in about a month or so ... )

What do you think???
Old 10-14-2003, 09:48 AM
strychnine
i am legend

i dunno how well an NES would work in a car. If I remember correctly if anybody even barely bumped my old one it would start blinking and screwing up pretty bad. unless its one of the newer ones, which i never owned so i dont know anything about them.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:38 AM
97teg

In cali as far as i know its illegal to have tvs on when they are in direct view of the driver. I dunno in the laws in your state. To me it would be too much of a distraction though.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:53 PM
oldskool

Well I mean I won't play when driving it ... I'd play when waiting for people. As in, if I was picking up my sister, if I went to the Friday night jam and I was waiting for the rest of the band to show up. And then there's the occasional "I'm bored ... I'm gonna play NES and listen to Kraftwerk in my car."