Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to drop my car

Old 10-06-2003, 08:06 PM
Phat8186

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to drop my car

Ok I finally have to drop my dam car it looks like a freakin 4x4. I have reading and looking reall hard on how i want the ride to be. I want about a 2inch drop something around there nothing more, and a smooth ride dont want to feel that bumpy or ever bump in the road u kniow. I already i have 17's on my car, I was looking at these for springs Eibach Sportline, or ground Control Springs those are the two that i have narrowed it down too. Also for shocks there is only one that I can think of and it is the infamous Koni Yellow that everyone rants and raves about. Can anyone give me some feedback on this possible setup. some maybe pros and cons and will it satify me. it will be greatly appreciated thanks
Old 10-06-2003, 08:16 PM
polakatl

GET IT!!!! I like the sportline springs and I heard nothing but good about the yellows. Maybe the neuspeed version will be better for a 2in drop since they have a shorter shaft
Old 10-06-2003, 08:17 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

You will love the GC/Yellows setup. They come with Eibach springs. I may be getting rid of my Neuspeed sports soon and going w/some GC's myself.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:25 PM
Phat8186

so wait there is two version of koni yellows
neuspeed ones and what is the other brand i thought there was only one kind. can someone elaberate that for me
Old 10-06-2003, 08:38 PM
jschmid

Originally posted by Phat8186
so wait there is two version of koni yellows
neuspeed ones and what is the other brand i thought there was only one kind. can someone elaberate that for me
Koni makes two sets of the yellows for Accords. Regular and the "Neuspeed Version" or SP3s. The difference is that the SP3's have 5 perch grooves instead of 3, so you can fine tune your drop a bit more, and they also have a slightly shortened shock body. Basically they are designed for a drop, with the intent being that they are designed to work with neuspeed lowering springs.

I have the SP3's on my car mated to H&R sports, it's great.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Phat8186

Ok i can understand it better now. So jschmid you have the neuspeed version then right the one with 5 grooves. Also the only differnce in ground control is that they are coilovers and the eibach sportlines are actual springs not coilovers right. Hey just out of courisosity how are the neuspeed race springs since neuspeed koni are supposed to be matted with them just wonder.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:01 AM
skabone69

I'd recommend the Tein basics, you can get them for the price of koni and springs but you get to adjust the height and the springs are made to go with the shocks and it is a smooth ride. I've got the Tein SS and I've been told by many people that I have a real smooth ride for a dropped car, almost a stock like feel.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:34 PM
EliteAccord
Banned

Originally posted by skabone69
I'd recommend the Tein basics, you can get them for the price of koni and springs but you get to adjust the height and the springs are made to go with the shocks and it is a smooth ride. I've got the Tein SS and I've been told by many people that I have a real smooth ride for a dropped car, almost a stock like feel.
:werd: I concur.:thumbup:
Old 10-07-2003, 12:45 PM
96GreenCivic

So many diff combos. .... what is a HANer to do?

i still need to think of how i wanna do mine
Old 10-07-2003, 12:56 PM
EliteAccord
Banned

Originally posted by 96GreenCivic
So many diff combos. .... what is a HANer to do?

i still need to think of how i wanna do mine
Pick up 3 fat chicks.:chuckles: