Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

completely clear tail lights...

Old 10-02-2003, 08:18 AM
dsddmn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default completely clear tail lights...

Ive been watching this forum for about a month now, so hopefully I wont sound too much like a newbie on my first post.

Well, I just got a set of all clear tails for my 98 sedan off ebay for $30 which I thought was a pretty good deal; I couldn't find red clears for less than $120 plus shipping. I figure I can paint the bottom red or go with red bulbs of some type. So I thought I'd ask you guys, see what you think. I'm really trying to avoid the being pulled over.

Worst comes to worst, I'll just resell them with *hopefully* a bit of profit to someone that doesn't know better
Old 10-02-2003, 08:21 AM
skabone69

Default Re: completely clear tail lights...

Originally posted by dsddmn
Ive been watching this forum for about a month now, so hopefully I wont sound too much like a newbie on my first post.

Well, I just got a set of all clear tails for my 98 sedan off ebay for $30 which I thought was a pretty good deal; I couldn't find red clears for less than $120 plus shipping. I figure I can paint the bottom red or go with red bulbs of some type. So I thought I'd ask you guys, see what you think. I'm really trying to avoid the being pulled over.

Worst comes to worst, I'll just resell them with *hopefully* a bit of profit to someone that doesn't know better
you could use a red transparent spray, but I would have dished out the cash and got the red/clears. another cheap option is to tint the pink part of your tails red, or black with the tint spray.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:21 AM
AznBadAss92LX

candy apple red semi transparent paint...wit clear coat....and bulbs shouldnt matter once its painted..itll light up whatever the lense is....when painted red...itll appear red
Old 10-02-2003, 08:30 AM
dsddmn

I already smoked my stock ones, the real reason I ordered the new ones was because before I owned my car somebody must have shoved a finger in a couple of the sockets - its flaking really bad in my inner left reverse and red. I thought smoking out the top would help, and it does during the day, but when I reverse it looks like crap, and you can still see it on the red section at all times.

So anyway, I went to the local dealer and they quoted me at $70 for that one piece, which seemslike a complete rip off. Then I saw these...
Old 10-02-2003, 10:00 AM
96GreenCivic

Yeah, just paint'em. Do a search and you'll find the DIY for it.

Welcome BTW :wiggle:
Old 10-02-2003, 10:25 AM
ACCORDDUST
ChicagoLand Accord Club

should have just bough the red/clears .. sooo much better