Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AHHHH!!! Need helps guys. FAST!!!

Old 10-01-2003, 12:06 PM
99aznaccord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AHHHH!!! Need helps guys. FAST!!!

Damn. Today I was driving back home from my classes and stopped at a red light. Light turns green so everyone in front moves along very slowly. Then the guy behind me.......BAM! Left a couple dents and scratches and whatever. I went to get an estimate right away and got an estimate of $505!!! The body shop suggested that I should just replace the entire bumper because they have 2 diffeerent methods to fixing it, but would make the bumper weaker. One method was to melt the plastic back into place and then repainting it, but trying to do that, they said would be difficult and would do soemthing to the bumper to weaken it. So I suggested why not just sand it and repaint it? They said they could, but that would make the plastic or urethane thinner, which would also make it weaker. I rather get the new bumper, but my question is, what would you guys do? I'm waiting for his insurance people to call me back to see how much I'll be getting out of this. I hope the full $505. Would you guys just get another stock bumper, or would you buy an aftermarket bumper, like a body kit? I don't have a kit on my car right now, but it is lowered and has rims on it. Choices, choices. If any of you guys are selling your stock bumper off of a 98-00 accord sedan in a dark emerald color, let me know I may want to get that off your hands. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:19 PM
akord 97

well his insurance should take care of it. Just get a new regular bumper.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:45 PM
skabone69

Originally posted by akord 97
well his insurance should take care of it. Just get a new regular bumper.
:werd: because you were hit you have the right to dispute the appraisal if they don't want to give you a new bumper. talk to the field appraiser and tell him exactly what the body shop said. put up a stink if you have to and make them get you a new bumper, and make sure its OEM, new or used will do.:thumbup:

I work in a claim center, so if you have any other questions...fire away.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:05 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

get the insurance check ... hop on ebay and find an accord bumper for $50. then repaint it to match. you should have an extra $200 - $300 after all the repairs.

just make sure there is no frame damage.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:44 PM
99aznaccord

Well the guy told me that he would give me cash if it was cheap enough that way the insurance company wouldn't have to deal with it and his rates going up. I had no problem with that, but since it's not about $500, he said to go call his insurance company and let them deal with it because he doesn't have that kind of money right now. And skabone, I replied to your statement in the other forum at honduh. Think I should get a new body kit? Won't be painted for a LONG time, or just go with another new OEM bumper? Now I'm thinkin' new body kit instead of going with xenon since a lot of people are starting to get that now. We will see what happens. Hopefully my parents won't mind me using that money to buy a new kit. Thanks for everyone's reply.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:45 PM
99aznaccord

Oh I forgot to ask, but if someone hits you at around 5 mph or less, would that **** up my alignment as well?
Old 10-02-2003, 12:42 AM
uclaccord

i was in the same situation...got the same price too...about...495 actually...getting a cheap one off ebay and doing the install urself and then going to a shop will give u some extra dough to play around with...really didn't like the idea of having an unpainted kit...so instead i went and got a whole new paint job...cuz when i started thinking about it...i was really kinda sick of frost white anyway...so now it's a nice purdy shiny metallic silver...if u like ur current color, go ebay...if u don't really like it, change it
Old 10-02-2003, 04:53 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by uclaccord
i was in the same situation...got the same price too...about...495 actually...getting a cheap one off ebay and doing the install urself and then going to a shop will give u some extra dough to play around with...really didn't like the idea of having an unpainted kit...so instead i went and got a whole new paint job...cuz when i started thinking about it...i was really kinda sick of frost white anyway...so now it's a nice purdy shiny metallic silver...if u like ur current color, go ebay...if u don't really like it, change it
$200 paint job :eh:
Old 10-02-2003, 06:07 PM
99aznaccord

Well I think I've decided with a used OEM bumper, but in good condition, so if anyone is trying to sell a 98-00 sedan in a dark emerald color, please let me know. Thanks.