Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ss tailpipe finishers

Old 09-21-2003, 11:38 PM
BCR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ss tailpipe finishers

I've got a 2000 Accord EX 4dr sdn with manual trans and VTEC 2.3L engine. I'm considering purchasing and installing a Honda stainless steel tailpipe finisher.

My only concern is that the stock tailpipe angles downward a little after it comes out of the muffler. I'm wondering if I put the finisher on the end, if it will look funny because it will angle downward instead of being horizontal.

The Accord EX generation before mine ('94 to '97) had 2 tailpipe finishers side by side and they came out horizontally. They looked good. I don't want mine to look dorky.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Have you seen a finisher on my generation Accord and did it look good?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
Old 09-22-2003, 03:05 AM
trev
Act Accordingly

while were on the subject does anyone know if you can paint a cap with high heat paint? Will it stay or melt after time?
Old 09-22-2003, 08:13 AM
jschmid

Yeah, I don't like how it bends down. If you really want to go for a straight tip, the cleanest would be to swap the muffler for one with the tip/tips you like. I swapped mine with a couple TL-S mufflers.

Another option may be to get a used TL muffler that has the pipe coming out straight, cut off the outlet pipe, take it to a muffler shop and have them weld the outlet pipe onto your muffler. You could even see if they could bend your current one straight.

Or...you could just buy the finisher tip and see how looks bent and go from there. www.handaaccessories.com