Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

springs or hydraulics ? HELP !!!

Old 09-21-2003, 09:17 PM
X_C_M_01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default springs or hydraulics ? HELP !!!

sup y`all
I have a questions that maybe has been answered before, but i tried looking for an answer but couldnt find it.....anyways
i have a 99 accord four door, 5-spd, and im thinking of lowering it but the thing is i want my ride to be smooth, i have an friend and his car is lowered (same car as mine ) but when we ride it bounces and shakes a lot, it getts on my nervs, he has some cheap 100 $ coilovers on his. So i was wondering what would be good suspension kit ? Also would hydraulics
(air bags) kits be any good, all i wanna get from it is a nice look and smooth ride, its not for racing or anything like that.
well thanks a bunch guys !

PS. i`ll be having sum 16" rims on it, so will not be needing a big drop, maybe like 1.50"
Old 09-21-2003, 09:36 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

neuspeed/H&R sports and agx-kyb adjustable shocks set on 2/4 will do ya right.

hydraulics will beat you to death and i'm not too fond of airbags personally. plus with the hydraulics you'll lose a signifigant amount of fuel economy since they are heavy as fawk. i've heard airbags are bouncy as hit too.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:51 PM
polakatl

my sportlines and illuminas are very comfortable set at 3/5 where 5 is max stiffnes. I was supprised that i didn't see a change in ride comfort. Also why don't u invest in some larger wheels first. I don't think 16"s will look really good on a cord.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:25 AM
jschmid

Originally posted by polakatl
my sportlines and illuminas are very comfortable set at 3/5 where 5 is max stiffnes. I was supprised that i didn't see a change in ride comfort. Also why don't u invest in some larger wheels first. I don't think 16"s will look really good on a cord.
I would have to say drop it first before you get wheels. 16's without a drop woudn't be too bad, but nothing worse than an accord with 18's and no drop.

I'd say go for any namebrand progressive sport springs like Eibach, H&R, Neuspeed and you'll have good ride quality with about 1.5 drop.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:47 AM
X_C_M_01

Allright guys, i really apreciate all the replies, u`ve been of much help.

PS: i just got some freebies (17" Adr rims with 215/40 kumho ) tires on them....not bad just has few scraches on them and paint is kinda cracking, so will be needing to repaint them...that`ll be another thread, lol. you guys r the best, u kno, us newbies can really learn a lot from y`all.......Thanks again