Notices

Is this a good deal?

Old 07-14-2002, 11:44 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal?

I won an auction on ebay this morning for a front pasenger side OEM headlight assy for $33.00, $41.00 including shipping and insurance. Who got the better end of the deal?
Old 07-14-2002, 01:50 PM
TJCCARDCO

that sounds good.
Old 07-14-2002, 02:37 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

That's a good deal much cheaper then dealer.
Old 07-14-2002, 05:05 PM
cryogen97
Stealth bling bling

I would've bought it for that price.
Old 07-14-2002, 06:45 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

:thumbup: Cool. This was the first part I bought on ebay for my Honda, I tried a local honda recycler and they wanted $125 for it. I think im gonna attempt doing the black housing modification to it, wish me luck. Hey cryogen, your site has a how to for this right?
Old 07-14-2002, 07:33 PM
cryogen97
Stealth bling bling

yes, I do indeed have a how-to for it. It's actually a lot easier than it sounds.
Old 07-14-2002, 08:25 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by cryogen97
yes, I do indeed have a how-to for it. It's actually a lot easier than it sounds.
of course, the pro says it's easy Well, this is gonna be the first time I have ever attempted anything like this, what tips do you have for me?
Old 07-14-2002, 09:30 PM
94AccordSedanEX

Didn't do this mod, but bought the lights. I'm also new to DIY's. Have done a couple - tails, bumper lights (smoked, only until i get a new amber lense ) and Type-R Grill. My advice: take your time and don't rush. Getting the front bumper off - take out front bumper lights, you'll see 4 bolts, get a 12 mm bit on a socket wrench with an extension on it. Use it like its a screw driving, so that you can twist it with your hands. Use pliars to get a good grip to turn it. You then got 2 screws on the front of the wheel well holding the bumper on. You should see them. It should come off when you take it as one piece which is easier than taking out all the little clips to just take off the bumper cover and the bumper separate. Once thats done, I'm pretty sure that parts done. Then just follow cryogen's directions and when mounting the bumper back on, push it up as high as possible and then bolt the bumper bults back on. Good luck and take your time
Old 07-15-2002, 07:01 AM
zidek_accord

Originally posted by 94AccordSedanEX
Didn't do this mod, but bought the lights. I'm also new to DIY's. Have done a couple - tails, bumper lights (smoked, only until i get a new amber lense ) and Type-R Grill. My advice: take your time and don't rush. Getting the front bumper off - take out front bumper lights, you'll see 4 bolts, get a 12 mm bit on a socket wrench with an extension on it. Use it like its a screw driving, so that you can twist it with your hands. Use pliars to get a good grip to turn it. You then got 2 screws on the front of the wheel well holding the bumper on. You should see them. It should come off when you take it as one piece which is easier than taking out all the little clips to just take off the bumper cover and the bumper separate. Once thats done, I'm pretty sure that parts done. Then just follow cryogen's directions and when mounting the bumper back on, push it up as high as possible and then bolt the bumper bults back on. Good luck and take your time
:werd: whats a DIY?
Old 07-15-2002, 05:11 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by 94AccordSedanEX
Thanks for the insight. Should make my job a little easier. I'm gonna wait until I get my replacement bumper and hood to do the headlight mod since all that stuff has to come off anyway. Thanks again.:thumbup:

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal?