Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help removing AXELS !!

Old 08-19-2003, 04:04 PM
AccordCoup94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help removing AXELS !!

hi. i cant seem to figure out how to remove the axels. i have the axels nut off (36 mm) and i can slide it out a little, but i cannot get the whole piece out. can someone please help me out?
Old 08-20-2003, 07:37 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The inner driver snaps out of the transmission. The Helm repair book shows just where to pry with a crowbar or big screwdriver. I don't have a '94, so.....
Old 08-20-2003, 07:59 AM
Cosmo M3
Lurker

i had a mechanic pull out the axle for me because it was making some clicking noises whenever i release the gas from acceleration. make sure you get a new CV boot and clamps to replace the current one because they'll have to pull that out and grease will be all over the place.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:38 AM
AccordCoup94

i already have new axels sitting in my trunk, but i cant get the broken ones off it. hoiw to i take them off?
Old 08-20-2003, 02:06 PM
TypeSH

it may vary for you, but i undid the ball joints and tie rods, pushed the axle in a bit, and wiggled it out of the hub. U may have to do it with two people, one person holding the knuckle outward while the other seperating the axle and the hub.

my driver size axle was frozen to the hub, not good. I had to pry the entire unit loose and take it to a shop.

you pop the driver side half-shaft off of the intermediate shaft with a big screwdriver or crowbar. at the point hte manual says.

I assume its the same for the passenger side, i didnt have to pop mine off though (was replacing wheel bearings).

use a plastic hammer to tap the end of the axle inward if its kinda stuck... if its frozen like mine, u might ahve to use a big ****en mallet... but dont pound ti hard w/ a hammer, dont wanna mushroom the end.