Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just called a tint shop that had. metalized tint? ever heard of this? more...

Old 07-12-2002, 12:12 PM
Audi2Honda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just called a tint shop that had. metalized tint? ever heard of this? more...

I asked if it was mettalic and they said it was mettalized.

I asked if it was dyed and they said 40% dyed. I told them i didn't want died because it turns purple and they said it wouldn't start to fade till 7 or 8 years.

The brand is SolarGuard. I have solarguard on another car for 1.5 years and it seems like quality tint but i wasn't aware that its dyed? Price is $145 for all the window. I know everyone will shout llumar llumar, but what do you think of this stuff I explained?
Old 07-12-2002, 12:57 PM
Customlowz
Speedbumps Beware

Default Re: just called a tint shop that had. metalized tint? ever heard of this? more...

Originally posted by Audi2Honda
I asked if it was mettalic and they said it was mettalized.

I asked if it was dyed and they said 40% dyed. I told them i didn't want died because it turns purple and they said it wouldn't start to fade till 7 or 8 years.

The brand is SolarGuard. I have solarguard on another car for 1.5 years and it seems like quality tint but i wasn't aware that its dyed? Price is $145 for all the window. I know everyone will shout llumar llumar, but what do you think of this stuff I explained?

I know that tint turns purple when you wash it with ammonia based cleaners. What if you stayed away from them? I use "Clearview" and my tint looks just like the day i got it. Thats been almost a year now!
Old 07-12-2002, 01:09 PM
Audi2Honda

Whats clearview? I remember the guy telling me not to use windex or amonia on my other car that was tinted with solarguard. Maybe it was the same stuff.....looked great for the 1.5 years i had it. Maybe i'll get it and just use water instead of window cleaner.
Old 07-12-2002, 01:11 PM
McIntosh'd UA5
got VIP?

nowadays, the titanium and platinum tints are of metallic composition...that is what gives it reflective qualities and this i why they offer lifetime guarantees about fading. back in the day, tint was dyed. if you want the metallic tints or want a tint shade darrker in general, get the dyed stuff.

Last edited by McIntosh'd UA5; 07-12-2002 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-12-2002, 01:15 PM
Audi2Honda

They said they don't guarentee against fading. So i guess it is a lesser quality tint. They said it was start fading in 7 years or so. Maybe I should shop around..
Old 07-12-2002, 03:38 PM
McIntosh'd UA5
got VIP?

all the socal shops pretty much offer the fading guarantee...
Old 07-12-2002, 09:28 PM
BUMPIN' 4 U
Certified JACKASS

My metalized tint was made by Johnson Co. It comes with a lifetime guarantee against fading. My friend who tinted my car said that it is a good brand and stuff since it is thicker but the only drawback is it will take up to a week to dry up completely which is true. There are some metalized films that only last for about 7-10 years or sometimes 4-5 years and then starts to fade. I hope mine don't coz I will be really pissed of if that happens.