Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tint in houston

Old 07-21-2003, 02:42 PM
Rix2357

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tint in houston

Anyone know a good place in the Houston or Humble area where I can get my windows tinted? I think I've decided on a full metal tint or at least a hybrid type tint material. I think somewhere around 30% tint all around is what I am looking for since the legal limit is 35%. I am looking for a place that does a good job and has done it for awhile.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:12 PM
bassiccutz

Default Re: tint in houston

Originally posted by Rix2357
Anyone know a good place in the Houston or Humble area where I can get my windows tinted? I think I've decided on a full metal tint or at least a hybrid type tint material. I think somewhere around 30% tint all around is what I am looking for since the legal limit is 35%. I am looking for a place that does a good job and has done it for awhile.
35% is the legal limit in Texas? Does that mean you can't have anything darker than 35% anywhere on the car, or just on the front sides?
Old 07-21-2003, 03:58 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

Default Re: Re: tint in houston

Originally posted by bassiccutz
35% is the legal limit in Texas? Does that mean you can't have anything darker than 35% anywhere on the car, or just on the front sides?
you are allowed to have a tint as low as 35% on the front 2 windows. On the rear windshield and passenger windows, you can go as low as 5% (maybe lower)
Old 07-21-2003, 03:59 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

oh yeah, I went to Texas Tinters in Spring. He did a very good job :thumbup: He's located on 1960 West of I-45
Old 07-21-2003, 07:54 PM
Rix2357

hmm, what did he do about the dots on the rear windshield and did he remove the brake light to make sure the whole windshield was tinted? I still shopping around, and so far, I called a company that quoted me for $139 for the dyed tint film. The hybrid and metallic ones were supposed to be $159 or so.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:31 PM
kraziedn

I went to G-man shop for my tint. He did a superb job on all my cars for years. He recently tinted my 03 accord with full metal sungard film. About the back windows, yes, he did take out the brake light to tint it as a whole. The film sticks well over the dot matrix! My 95'Accord also was tinted over the dot matrix and it's find...never peel...(i had that car for 7 years now). His shop is in Katy near Katy Mills. Check him out!
Old 07-21-2003, 09:32 PM
kraziedn

btw, forgot to mention...i paid 140 bucks tax included for my solar tint...plus it comes with lifetime warranty
Old 07-22-2003, 05:47 AM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

Originally posted by Rix2357
hmm, what did he do about the dots on the rear windshield and did he remove the brake light to make sure the whole windshield was tinted? I still shopping around, and so far, I called a company that quoted me for $139 for the dyed tint film. The hybrid and metallic ones were supposed to be $159 or so.
well, when I went in to ask for a price, he was working on a '02 V6 sedan, and he had just finished up a '98 I4 sedan which was sitting in the back. By coincidence my '02 I4 sedan was probably the 3rd sedan he worked on that week.

At that time, I was unaware of the dot matrix problem, but he was able to tint the entire rear windshield without a problem :dunno: And yes, he did remove the 3rd brakelight so he could tint the entire glass. He used solargard which has a lifetime warranty, but I can't remember exactly how much I payed. I might be able to dig up a copy of the receipt in the car later on today, but I don't think it was that much. Well worth it IMO :thumbup:
Old 07-22-2003, 07:44 AM
bassiccutz

Default Re: Re: Re: tint in houston

Originally posted by LX4CYL
you are allowed to have a tint as low as 35% on the front 2 windows. On the rear windshield and passenger windows, you can go as low as 5% (maybe lower)
Nice! I may be moving to Houston in a year or two. Just got 35% on the sides and 5% on the back. I wish other hot weather states would allow 35% on the front driver & pass. side windows.