Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhause install question

Old 06-26-2003, 09:47 AM
qwho387

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust install question

I got an exhaust from my friend (dont ask me what kind, he doesnt even know) and it was made for an acura, not my 1990 accord. The pipe is 2" and my stock piping is like 1 3/4ths or something.
It is not a full catback but the pipe goes about half of the way down to an oval mounting plate. Well, the plate @ the end of the exhaust is a little bit wider than the stock plate.
Does anybody know where I might find a converter or something along those lines?

Also one more question. The hanging hooks on the exhaust point the opposite direction and are in a different location from the original. Can I just install like a flexible metal "U" holder to hold it up or is there a better way?
Old 06-26-2003, 10:43 AM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

there is much to be said for free stuff, but if the part doesnt fit your car, you will likely spend as much money trying to make it fit as you would to get a true axel-back that was made for your car.

You might spend 50-100 to get the right hooks welded on and the right mounting plate on the end when you can get an axelback for 150-200.

point being, dont ghetto-rig it, save your money and get the right part
Old 06-26-2003, 10:49 AM
qwho387

That is true. I dont really plan to keep it for too long. I cannot afford a new one for a little while and my stock one has some holes in it.
I was just seeing if there was an easy way to do it.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:52 AM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

hit a junkyard up for a new stock pipe until you can afford something for performance if thats what you are after, if you arent, you should be able to find a stock pipe thats good for replacement for a really cheap price. . .