Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trim Level Gripe

Old 06-26-2003, 07:03 AM
Shifty_Rick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim Level Gripe

Anybody besides me think that here is room for improvement on the cutoff points for the options available at the different trim levels? My biggest problem is with the mandatory moonroof on the EX models. I would love to have it, but it lowers the headliner by 2 inches and will probably make it impossible for me to sit comfortably in the car. I could go to the sedan (1 inch more headroom), but I don’t want a 4 door. I may have to settle for the LX, but then I give up other goodies, like the option for leather, the alloy rims, the 4 wheel disc brakes (except in the V6), and a number of other EX standard options. I am going to be visiting a couple of dealers here this weekend and find out what my options really are, both for availability and cost. The perfect car for me would be the EX-L I4 with no moonroof.

I had the same problem when I was looking at the Acura RSX. Loved the car, but my head rubs against the headliner all the time. At 6’ 2” I’m not that tall, but I am long waisted and there seem to be very few cars that I can be comfortable in with a sunroof/moonroof option. Both the RSX and the EX Coupe come with this as a mandatory feature. Most disheartening.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:14 PM
ScottyH

try getting a crew cut.
...or change out the seats with some aftermarket racing seats.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:29 AM
Shifty_Rick

It's no longer an issue. I test drove a 2003 Accord LX V6 Coupe on Saturday. All I can say is that I couldn't have been more impressed if the car had been custom designed for me. I will willingly sacrifice the leather for the other appointments on this car. And driving it was a dream. :thumbup:

The only thing left to determine is when I get it...and my wife has a certain amout of input in that decision.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:32 AM
95AccordEXR

I'm sure if you want leather, they can order in the kit and install it for you.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:38 AM
Leebog
GAME

ya, im 6" and theres nuff room....
Old 06-30-2003, 07:49 AM
WarptEra

now just make sure you drop that sucka:

stock accord fendergaps are beyond "fist sized," you could probably stick you whole head in there. the eibach prokit will drop you just enough to close the gap and reduce body roll. plus I have the aero-kit and yet I haven't scraped once or bottomed out. best $200 I ever spent.

-w
Old 06-30-2003, 07:56 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

i have seen some pretty big dudes in civics. if they can fit in that you can fit an accord.

i think honda trim levels are great, i just wish leather wasn't std. on EX V6s. it certainly beats all those stupid option packages that add $$$ to the cost of a car. i also hate it makes you buy crap you don't want.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:40 AM
Josher

I'm 6"5" and I sit comfortably in my 96 Integra. I even spike my hair. My hair rubs from time to time, but otherwise, just drive and slouch. I don't think the headliners that much of a problem. You always could get creative and custom weld a new location for your seat.... I've thought about it since my legs are always bent while driving.

Anyone ever sat in a CRX? Those cars have a lot of legroom.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:56 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

you mean you guys don't drive with the gansta lean....

Old 06-30-2003, 12:24 PM
Josher

:jawdrop: Ha, that makes my back sore after a while. From time to time I'll drive like a thug.