Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CamberAllignment problem. Help!!!

Old 06-23-2003, 05:33 PM
dhave3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CamberAllignment problem. Help!!!

Ofcourse to start off my car is lowered with neuspeed sport springs and got an allignment and ofcourse needed a camber kit so i bought ingalls camber kit for the front.

I have two problems.

Problem no #1

When i installed my camber kit my control arm is in the way so i cant make the allignment straight coz the inner fender will be in the way if i try to make it straighter than how it is right now. I did my research before and some people said you have to shave the end of the control arm so you can straighten your wheel. does anyone know what im talking about? im sure some people knows. and is that the only way?

Problem #2

i bought some bolts and washers from home depot for the rear. installtion is not that hard. i installed two washers on one side but its still not enough, so i put on a third washer and now just by looking at it, it still not enough, meaning the camber is still off. should i add another washer? can anyone help me out on this? oh yeah i was supposed to use 10mm-1.25x45mm bolts but home depot was out of that so i bought 10mm-1.25x50 instead and i dont think that is that problem so dont start on that one. can anyone tell me what i should do?
Old 06-23-2003, 08:54 PM
90AccordEX4

I am using the exact same methods for my camber both front and rear.
#1 - I have my upper control arm out just far enough so it slightly touches the inner fender. It scraped for a while but now is silent as it made a little channel for itself. Camber is pretty good in the front with it this way.
#2 - I am using three washers but yeah it is not enough. It is wearing my tires unevenly with the front and rear camber the way they are (rear is little worse than the front), but not too bad. I would like to fix this eventually (at least the rear) but I think we'd need to buy a new upper arm. I wouldn't feel safe going more than 4 washers in the rear.
Oh yeah I also have Neuspeed Sport springs...
Old 06-24-2003, 05:32 PM
dhave3

Can anyone help us out? Any suggestions?
Old 06-24-2003, 06:29 PM
Virus
team / Xtreme Destruction

can anyone tell me what kind of CAMBER KITS i need for my Accord,,,,97 SE......please help
Old 06-24-2003, 10:38 PM
bonestock

jack up the car, cut the plastic fender lining above the camber kit, you will see this metal lip that the camber kit is banging on. get a baseball bat and stick it ontop of the a-arm and against the inner fender lip and push down on the bat and bend that shit as much as you can.

shaving the a-arm also...

*pics borrowed from some dood's website*
Old 06-25-2003, 02:48 AM
TypeSH

10x1.25 by 45mm is the stock 5th gen accord length. 50mm is perfect for minor adjustments, and 55mm for more adjustment
Old 06-25-2003, 05:36 PM
dhave3

Originally posted by bonestock
jack up the car, cut the plastic fender lining above the camber kit, you will see this metal lip that the camber kit is banging on. get a baseball bat and stick it ontop of the a-arm and against the inner fender lip and push down on the bat and bend that shit as much as you can.

Hey dude, the pictures did'nt work. can you post them again and can you give me the website on where you got this info. thanks.
Old 06-29-2003, 02:23 PM
dhave3

Originally posted by bonestock

Bonestock, can you post the pix again, coz cant see any pix. thanks.

And is there any other suggestions?
Old 07-02-2003, 05:24 PM
dhave3

Helllooooooo!!!!!! Anyone out there?

Bonestock are you still there?

can someone help me out?
Old 07-03-2003, 01:32 PM
JJJ784
No Soup For You!

shave your own control arm. i did. just bust out the bench grinder. and while you're at it... put in the camber bolts when you re-install. don't forget to get your pitman arm puller. it makes the job a lot easier. or you can hammer the ball joint bolt out. it's up to you.