Slotted and X drilled
22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

NEED more braking power

Old 06-22-2003, 12:03 AM
99accord520

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok bro heres the deal...
What kind of driving characterisc are you talking about..
First: to justify Cross drilled or slotted rotors, you either do alot of highway drving or break alot.. or road racing...
then that would be fine, the thing about is... The reason that you need the extra ventalation is because the constant heating of the rotor and pads, thus reducing the braking capability.And also slotted ones tend to be noise, or maybe its just my rotors and pad combination.
But if your really going to do the whole road racing thing, there are acutally pads you can get that will work better when heated up, but on the other hand is not that good for regualr driving due to it needing to be heated to provide proper grip.

If you just lookin for a bit of better breaking distance and for the piece of mind then iwould suggest this.
Brembo slotted, do not get crossed drilled. Just slotted. That way you still get some extra air flow, but do not lost that much surface face. Something that is often over looked is stainless steel lines, it does wonders for reducing distance.
And probably the hardest thing to do is deciding Pads. It basically up to you.. Axxis are good, but to personal expierence it tends to be noisy. The Green stuff i have people tell me it not what its cut up to be. I acutally would recommend Factory pads with the slotted rotors and stainless lines. Factory pads last a decent amount of time, has minimum noise, and has pretty good grip. I currently have rebesto's they are ok, but is kinda noisy.
Old 06-22-2003, 09:41 AM
EdyJun

K, have 2 more questions. I think I will go with slotted rotors and oem pads. Right after I change my brake and clutch fluid.( any special brand or fluid or dot?) But the question is now what kind of oem pads Semi metallic or metallic?

The other question is how hard is it to change my front rotors? I’m not an idiot and can do mechanical things my self.

p.s..
I love this forum.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:37 AM
99accord520

use full synthetic, I think ours use DOT3.. I used Mobil1 ATF syntheic. When doing all this, also get the Stainless steel line. With pads, get semi metallic, good for your specifaction.
I personally have slotted/X drilled, and Semi metallic pad.still need the brake line/.