Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Asap

Old 06-21-2003, 07:29 AM
MoreSlowthango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Asap

I need your help people.
I had my car(99 accord lx sedan 4cyl 70k miles) into Circuit City to have my car audio taken out of my car. This was done Thursday. Two amps, all wiring and headunit. They returned the car back to stock.
This morning, the car will not start! I just jumped it and the car still will not start. It sounds as though everything is ok, but it still will not start.
Does anybody know what they could've done to my car?

I didn't drive the car since Thursday and now the car will not start.

I need your help asap.
Thanks!
Charles
Old 06-21-2003, 07:50 AM
95AccordVtec

Take your car back to them.......Tell them there is something wrong.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:49 AM
kaliraver69

I agree take back to those bustards and make them fix it! If not you can file a claim against them.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:36 AM
jfiedler
Junior Member w/Fries

when you turn the key to run (don't crank it) does the immobilizer key blink a few times then go out? or does it keep blinking?

it's possible they damaged the immobilizer unit and/or wiring while they were tearin your equipment out...might have been almost inoperable but still worked initially, and on the ride home the vibration finished it off?

seen this a number of times here at work from bad alarm installs. you'd think on one of the most popular car models out there that these install places would know their wires by now :doh:
Old 06-21-2003, 10:54 AM
MoreSlowthango

Weirdness! So the manager of the circuit city roadshop came out and looked at my car. He checked all the wiring and all was well. He kept cranking the car and giving it a little gas and all of a sudden it fired up. It was weak as hell and a great deal of smoke came out of my exhaust. We went and filled up the car with Super and it seems to be running ok now.

Anyone have any idea? A clogged injector? Bad fuel filter????

It appears as though all is ok now, so I'm confused.

Any ideas?
Old 06-21-2003, 11:04 AM
jfiedler
Junior Member w/Fries

Originally posted by MoreSlowthango
Weirdness! So the manager of the circuit city roadshop came out and looked at my car. He checked all the wiring and all was well. He kept cranking the car and giving it a little gas and all of a sudden it fired up. It was weak as hell and a great deal of smoke came out of my exhaust. We went and filled up the car with Super and it seems to be running ok now.

Anyone have any idea? A clogged injector? Bad fuel filter????

Any ideas?
probably flooded from tryin to start it. still doesn't explain why it failed to start the first time...the problem could return...then again maybe it was just flooded in the first place and that was the problem from the beginning?
Old 06-21-2003, 02:46 PM
g3teg

them installers up at circuit city can't do shiet...:fawk:
you are probably better off uninstalling it yourself...
Old 06-22-2003, 01:59 PM
b12uceHuy
Jizz Maste12

drained your battery?
Old 06-22-2003, 02:23 PM
MoreSlowthango

Originally posted by MoreSlowthango

Any ideas?

Well, it did it again this morning. I had to step on the gas for like 2 mins straight just to get the car to sputter.. at which time I kept pumping the gas to get the car to actually purr a little..... Once it was up and starting, all was well. I took it to Goodyear and they told me the battery is a little low, but that diagnostics did not pick up anything. He checked the alternator and said it was fine. Since the car was started and driven there, they couldn't duplicate the problem. I left it overnight for them to test first thing in the morning.

Any ideas? I'm thinking fuel pump. How much does those go for?

CS
Old 06-22-2003, 07:37 PM
accordvtec77

I'm going out on a limb, since my experience with Honda as a tech is almost non-existent. There is a similar problem with the V6 Audi A4's and A6's which I DO work on. The car won't start sometimes, and it's flooded, so I have to step on the gas for a couple minutes while cranking before it fires up, and then there is a huge amount of black smoke out of the tailpipe. The problem there, is the sensor which measures the coolant temperature. The CEL doesn't come on either, but if I check a different control unit for faults, there will be a fault for the coolant temp sensor. The sensor tells the ECM that the engine is extremely cold, so it dumps fuel into it.

Now, getting to the point...if your problem IS a emission control problem..I don't see where your audio equipment had anything to do with it. So take your car to a dealer or your favorite local mechanic, and find out what the problem actually IS, before you go blaming your audio equipment. Sh*t happens at the most wierdest time, sometimes.