Notices

Tint yourself.Is it possible?

Old 07-06-2002, 02:30 PM
ukrsindicat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tint yourself.Is it possible?

How is everybody doing ? I kinda a person that enjoys to do everything myself. I was wondering any of you ever done tinting by themself?
Thanks a lot
Old 07-06-2002, 02:58 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

I haven't actually done it myself but it couldn't be that difficult. The main reason I haven't done it myslef is for fear that the quality of film that is available to us at retail stores isn't gonna be as good in quality as the film the shops get, I could be wrong, but I'd rather just get it done professionally, I get my tint baked on. It's the only way to go.
Old 07-06-2002, 03:16 PM
kris79
Owner of CEmotorsports

its hard with out the tools and good tint, its giong to look ghetto and all bubbly.
Old 07-06-2002, 03:22 PM
JonHsiung
u c l a

I wouldn't do it, but my friend had it done to his own car.

The side windows came out perfect with no bubbles but the back window looks like ass. First of all, it bubbled like crazy because it's really hard to do, and on top of that, the film only reached 3/4 of the way vertically so he used two strips.
Old 07-06-2002, 04:14 PM
SweetAccord

You can do it. My dad did it to his truck, but after a few years, the tint went to crap cuz bubbles were formed in there, I guess cuz the quality of tint. And it became to the point that he had to take it off cuz you can't see anything through there anymore.
Old 07-06-2002, 05:29 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Originally posted by kris79
its hard with out the tools and good tint, its giong to look ghetto and all bubbly.
:werd:
Old 07-06-2002, 05:35 PM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

I dunno, it sucked for me. I spent 2 days and 40 dollars on tint and tools and I ended up having to get it done anyways. I agree baked on is the way to go. The film thats most widely used by people doing it themselves is put on with water so you can slide it into position correctly which can be a mess. It's also difficult to cut it to be the right shape. I ended up getting it done mostly because of my rear window on my 89 legend. The curve on that window made tinting it well nearly impossible.
Old 07-06-2002, 08:10 PM

My neighbor kid down the street tinted the windows in his 2001 Cavalier(eww) and it turned out terrible. It was all bubbly and nasty, cheap looking. Then he took it off, and for some reason tinted them again himself and the tint is red(i guess to match the car) and it still looks real nasty, with bubbles galore etc.... I wouldn't recomend it.

Sean
Old 07-06-2002, 08:56 PM
Bay Accord

Originally posted by 94UhkorGuy
My neighbor kid down the street tinted the windows in his 2001 Cavalier(eww) and it turned out terrible. It was all bubbly and nasty, cheap looking. Then he took it off, and for some reason tinted them again himself and the tint is red(i guess to match the car) and it still looks real nasty, with bubbles galore etc.... I wouldn't recomend it.

Sean
lol
Old 07-07-2002, 07:43 AM
III 4U2NV III

I used to tint on the side way back in the days. You need plenty of patience, practice, and quality tint. For the side windows, the key is tinting as close to the top as you can w/no bubbles of course. I had mine tinted professionally and they did the rear window in two pieces. He cut the two pieces (freehand) on top of the line defroster. When the manager went to check on his job, they had to take a spot light to the window b/c they couldn't see where the two pieces connected. Plus, most places have lifetime warranty on their tints so it's well worth having it done.

Quick Reply: Tint yourself.Is it possible?