Notices

*PICS* h22 Swap into 6th Gen *PICS*

Old 06-09-2003, 04:37 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:yay: :yay: :bigok: :love:
Damn she is pretty. Excellent work. Makes me wanna get a 6th gen.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:08 AM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Originally posted by Seedster
spending almost everyday visiting the shop alongside my buddy to check on the progress of the car....i know how much money, time and effort has gone into that thing.

the H22 swap alone was around 4,000, then building it, boosting it, adding a stand alone fuel management (Hondata), tuning, dynoing, as well as tons of custom fabrication/installation....

.....grand total with everything out the door came out to about $12,000 Thank god I'm not paying for it (even though I'll get to drive her around when she's outta the shop this week!...haha :naughty: )

so you are??? btw, 4000 is way expensive for a swap. Mine fully swapped for only 2800 (included N2o Linings) and it's even expensive to me. 12G for that? you gotta be kidding me. A V6 +Turbo would be a better setup for lower prices.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:29 AM
decibel_dj

Originally posted by SnowSerpent
:bigok: :bowdown:

The pics says it all.
:werd: now thats priceless!
Old 06-09-2003, 07:21 AM
boilers

:thumbup: Very nice. And you also have performance mods to back that thing up
Old 06-09-2003, 07:24 AM
decibel_dj

is it a custom built turbo kit you have or a package deal like "fmax" or "Drag"
Old 06-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Seedster

Originally posted by PoohBoi
so you are??? btw, 4000 is way expensive for a swap. Mine fully swapped for only 2800 (included N2o Linings) and it's even expensive to me. 12G for that? you gotta be kidding me. A V6 +Turbo would be a better setup for lower prices.
yeah, but you're dropping an H22 in what?...a 94 . The motor doesn't exactly "drop right in" perfectly into the 6G. With all the fabrication of motor mounts, never-done-before wiring, includes an LSD tranny, along with a Euro Accord Type-R intake manifold (to be installed when going back to the tuner after the car is broken in) as well as many odds and ends (OBD2 to OBD1 conversion)...and on top of ALL of that....this isn't exactly your typical H22 either. It's pretty much has an H23 bottom end with an H22 head....custom style

The motor has:

-9.0:1 JE Pistons
-Eagle Rods
-Darton Sleeves
-Port-n-Flow headwork (titanium springs, valve retainers, and SS valves, as well as all the machine shop "tricks" to squeeze every horsepower out like 5 angle valve job, etc.)
-micropolished crankshaft
-along with every other possible moving/changable part inside the engine blueprinted to spec (main bearings, rod bearings, etc)

All this including labor easily comes out to another $3500-$4000.

Add a Hondata P28 ECU, Hondata S200 Standalone fuel managment, install, tuning, dynoing, and misc. odds and ends that AEBS (the tuner) took care off....the bill was another $1500.

550 RC injectors, aem fuel rail, FPR, pullies, 255 Walbro Fuel pump, MSD Blaster Coil, Adjustable cam gears, and tons and tons of other odds that are overlooked (SS braided lines here and there, chroming the valve cover, cutting the valve cover to show the cam gears, polishing the turbo, charge piping, etc)....

....how does $12,000 seem so far fetched? AND slap the cost of the turbo kit itself on top of all that. The project was entered hoping that it would cost around $5,000-$8.000 but SO many of those "might as well slap that on their too since I'm doing the whole thing anyways" mods came up that it just added up so ridiciulously fast.

Oh, and just get a V6 + turbo??....HA!! :down: There's a REASON we dont see many (if any) turboed V6's....it just dont work! There's so much more potential and tunability with the H22, its a tried and true motor and has mad capability when being boosted properly.

Originally posted by decibel_dj
is it a custom built turbo kit you have or a package deal like "fmax" or "Drag"
It started out as an FMAX kit for an F23, but the motor blew (long story) which is why the H22/H23 was chosen. Had to get a new turbo manifold (got the Rev Hard tubular race manifold) and the charge piping had to be cut and refitted/rewelded. A new downpipe was made from scratch, and FMAX's fuel method of 2 extra injectors was obviously ditched for replacing the 4 primary injectors and going with the stand alone. The only thing that remains "FMAX" on the kit is the intercooler, the turbo itself, the wastegate, and SOME of the charge piping. So I guess it can pretty much be considered a custom kit.

The car put 265 hpr to the wheels on extreme low boost (7-8 lbs). After it's broken in, it's gonna be set at 10lbs daily and tuned to high boost at around 14-16lbs (I cant wait to see the numbers!)
Old 06-09-2003, 08:38 AM
decibel_dj

damn thats all i can say.. i guess to be different in a honda its worth the money. personally for the cash you spent on another project in a different car the #'s would be totally different (up to double the WHP for about the same $$$) but all in all i like the ride.. 12g's though you go boy! i'll take the bus
Old 06-09-2003, 04:35 PM
willba

Originally posted by MrChad
:jawdrop: :bowdown: :loco:
yes exactly
Old 06-09-2003, 05:27 PM
AcuraFanatic

:shocked: That thing is truly awesome. Fully built H22A as well.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:26 PM
JonHsiung
u c l a

265 hp to the wheels?? holy shit that thing will smoke the crap out of a modded type-S 6spd and it's not even finished yet!

and yeah, those "might as well get that" kinda mods add up QUICK. hehe.

looking at the list of mods, i gotta say you didn't miss anything. this is a totally clean setup and the only thing i can hope for is that your LSD transmission won't go out on ya when you punch up the boost. keep us updated on that thing (i'd like to see how reliable it is during the first few weeks) and i'm sure we'd all like to see some track times too. :thumbup:

there's only one word for that car and its setup: "damnnnnn...."