Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos Of My Freshly Detailed 6th Gen Coupe **56k Beware**

Old 06-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Fred Cook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photos Of My Freshly Detailed 6th Gen Coupe **56k Beware** (Updated List)

******I decided to eliminate some of the stuff in the process, since I personally think it's not needed. The new list is below.********

After 2 months of nothing but rain here in PA, we finally got 3 days of nice sunny weather so I decided I would fully detail my car.

Below is a photo of the products I used. Some of them you can buy at your local Auto Body supply store, some you have to order online.

The use of all these products in this process shows somewhat in the photos below, but doesn't do the car justice.

You can view more photos by going to http://www.honduh.com/gallery/060203/index.html

I will list the process for those of you that may ask. If you want exact directions on how to use each product or where to buy these products just PM me.

Exterior

1) Washing

Wash car with Meguiar's Hi-Tech Wash using only a Sheepskin Car Wash Mitt. Dry with a Waffle Towel (MicroFiber)

2) Claying

I only use Clay-Magic Clay, it is by far the stickiest and longest lasting clay I ever used.

**I highly reccomend everyone using MicroFiber Towels and Applicators through out the rest of the process.**

3)Deep Polishing

I used Meguiar's Body Shop Professional Swirl Free Polish

5) Glaze

I used ClearKote's Vanilla Moose, which really made the surface super slick.

6) Sealant - (Last's much longer then Wax)

I used PoorBoys EX Sealant . This stuff rocks, it last much longer than S100, so I don't top with S100 anymore it's a waste of a step and time.

If you want Poorboys Products call 845-627-5907 and ask for Steve, tell him Fred Cook sent you and he will hook you up with a deal.

8) Detail Spray (Use Between Waxes)

The only brand I reccomend is Poorboys QD+ Quick Detailer Plus

Misc.

I used Plexus on my headlights and tailights - it resists dust.

I used Eagle One A2Z Wheel Cleaner to clean the wheels.

I used Eagle One WET Tire Shine

I used Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish to clean the header and exhaust.

I used Stoners Invisible Glass to clean the windows with the Viper Glass Towel (MicroFiber)

Interior

I used 303 Aerospace Protectant for my dash and paneling

I used Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner on my leather. (Obviously)

This isn't for everyone, since some of these products can get expensive and is very time consuming, but since I received so many compliments over the weekend, I had to share my recipe with all of you. :bigok:

Please post your thought's positive or negative.

List of My Mods

- GUDE Ported and Polished - Head, Intake Manifold, and HL Throttle Body
- LEVEL 10 PTS Kit and Torque Converter
- AEM Cold Air Intake
- Greddy EVO Exhaust
- DC Sports 4-2-1 Two Piece Stainless Steel Header
- Eibach Pro Kit Springs
- Tokico Illuminas Shocks
- Neuspeed Upper Strut Bar (Polished)
- Neuspeed Rear Sway Bar
- 18" Konig Verdicts (Opal)
- Nitto NT 555 Extreme Performance 225/40/18 Tires
- 9005 and 9006 Sylvania Silverstars
- 35% Tint All The Way Around, 15% Rear Window
Old 06-02-2003, 09:57 AM
DJ Scotty

Playa,

All I can say is......F*****IN WOW.....I have basically the same car---but in the EX V-6 trim, and it's a 1999---but same color, the San Marino Red...and while I always thought my ride looked pristine when I was done detailing it, yours is just awesome looking----you dont have a god dammned swirl mark on that thing...my paint looks nowhere near as glossy and blemish-free; all over my paint are swirls, rough spots and dull areas where it looks like the paint is not quite surviving the life of the car...around the body kit edges and such, the paint looks terrible...when I detail, I dont use quite as many products as you, but I do use GLIPTONE soap when washing, the "Wash and Glow" stuff that glows a bright pink color when you put it in the bucket with the water...

Let me ask you a couple of questions....how is the Meguiar's Hi-Tech wash? And what do you recommend to get the gloss back into my paint in certain areas---polish? Glaze? What's the product I should be using outside of doing a good thorough hand washing?

Your paint looks awesome man....:thumbup:
Old 06-02-2003, 09:58 AM
Kingseth2

:thumbup:
Old 06-02-2003, 10:10 AM
Fred Cook

The products I listed are the best of the best. I've used so many products, but the one's I listed gave the best results and are very easy to use.

The Meguiar's Hi-Tech car wash is the best, it's super slick when applying it to the car. I recommend you following the steps above and you will be amazed at the results on your car.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:12 AM
DJ Scotty

Another thing, man, do you DRIVE anywhere??!! I mean, your car doesnt look like its even been outside of a garage or car show; do you actually DRIVE IT? How can you not have one mark on that thing----even from a rock accidentially kicking up and hitting it, or a light scratch through the paint? I cannot---no matter what I do---keep my car mark-free living in New York; its impossible. We have broken roads, tight parking spaces, you cant believe it---I have had around 20 dings and dents taken out of my body already since I have the car, and just had the bumper wetsanded because someone scratched me and left damage; how do you do it?

My next car is NOT going to have a flashy color; it wont be red or black, but probably silver---silver hides all the damages, dirt, and blemishes; these flashy colors look like shit after a couple of years, I swear to you.....
Old 06-02-2003, 10:17 AM
DJ Scotty

Originally posted by Fred Cook
The products I listed are the best of the best. I've used so many products, but the one's I listed gave the best results and are very easy to use.

The Meguiar's Hi-Tech car wash is the best, it's super slick when applying it to the car. I recommend you following the steps above and you will be amazed at the results on your car.
I have been EXTREMELY pleased with the GLIPTONE wash soap; I am willing to try the Meguiar's; most everything else I have used looks like ass in the end----most of the soaps are watery and dont even sud up; the GLIPTONE is a pink thick syrup that "glows" in the bucket when you add water----the results are very glossy paint when you're done.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:20 AM
Fred Cook

To answer your question, yes I do drive it. The car will be one year old in July and I have managed to put 21,000 miles on it 11 months.

I never get dings because I park a mile away from everyone else. If I go to the mall, I'll park all the way in the back where no other cars are and I will park diagonally across 3 spots.

Just wash your car weekly, even if it's going to rain the next day. Do 4 full details a year, and just put some Quik Shine after washing in between full details.

Meguiar's Hi-Tech is the BEST car wash I have ever used. Pick up a bottle.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:22 AM
DJ Scotty

To answer your question, yes I do drive it. The car will be one year old in July and I have managed to put 21,000 miles on it 11 months.

I never get dings because I park a mile away from everyone else. If I go to the mall, I'll park all the way in the back where no other cars are and I will park diagonally across 3 spots.

Just wash your car weekly, even if it's going to rain the next day. Do 4 full details a year, and just put some Quik Shine after washing in between full details.
Fred,

You have to believe me when I tell you that here where I live in Long Island, there is nothing that can be done about the parking situations----finding parking in a lot here, especially on a weekend, is like finding gold in the bottom of a leprechaun's pot---I AM NOT EXAGGERATING. I live in an apartment complex, and have had my space changed TWICE by the super, and still receive dents and dings because THE SPACES ARE MADE FOR VEHICLES SMALLER THAN GEO STORMS...this is not an exaggeration. I have a really, really bad situation where I live. The car is taking a beating, and ask any New Yorker, they will tell you what owning a car here is like.

I am trying to wash my car weekly; I cannot do it because of the weather we have been having----I DO NOT HAVE A GARAGE to do the car in, and most of the time, it is raining now. What is the point? I am glad that your parking situation allows you to park so far away from everyone, but here its not realistic, and where I live in my complex, even more so unrealistic...
Old 06-02-2003, 10:26 AM
Fred Cook

You can use this stuff if you don't have time to wash the car weekly, I've used it, and it's great. Poorboys Spray and Wipe
Old 06-02-2003, 10:30 AM
DJ Scotty

You can use this stuff if you don't have time to wash the car weekly, I've used it, and it's great. Poorboys Spray and Wipe
Thank you for the link...I will look into it....is there anything I can use, next time I do a full hand wash, to brighten up some of the dull spots I am noticing on the paint --- the front of the under body spoiler kit under the nose of the car is looking dull; the rear side under spoilers are looking dull; some other areas as well...especially where the paint was wetsanded....

As for instant detailers, I have been using a Mothers product; forget what its called...the Instant Show Car Shine stuff....is the stuff you recommended better?