The transformation has begun

Old 06-02-2003, 06:46 AM
decibel_dj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you keeping us in suspense meanie :fawk:
Old 06-02-2003, 11:56 AM
94AccordSedanEX

You just took off the valve cover? Did you have to replace a gasket or anything? I heard the valve gasket or something's gotta be replaced whenever that cover comes off? Did you put like saran wrap or anything on top of the engine so nothng got in? J/W cause I want to do this. Thanks
Old 06-02-2003, 01:38 PM
99accord
www.poksquid.com

we wanna see...
Old 06-02-2003, 04:02 PM
jschmid

What kills me is that you bought a camera not too long ago...you should invest in digital. Not fair to post this without pics. BAN!
Old 06-02-2003, 04:35 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by vtecaccord01
Can't wait to see it.
It looks coo, im especially pleased with how good the liquid mask I used worked out on the lettering. Again, If I had access to a sandblaster, it would have come out way better, but for being done by hand, it looks aight.

Originally posted by decibel_dj
you keeping us in suspense meanie :fawk:
:chuckles: im just saving you the pain of having to see my engine bay w/corroded manifold blingin'

Originally posted by 94AccordSedanEX
You just took off the valve cover? Did you have to replace a gasket or anything? I heard the valve gasket or something's gotta be replaced whenever that cover comes off? Did you put like saran wrap or anything on top of the engine so nothng got in? J/W cause I want to do this. Thanks
Yeah, just took it off. No, I didn't replace the gasket, it's rubber so it was cool. And I checked for leaks after reinstallation(today as a matter of fact) and I have none so im good. I didn't use saran wrap, seems like it would be more trouble than it needs to be. I just used and old pillow case to cover up the exposed valve train and closed the hood.

Originally posted by 99accord
we wanna see...
don't trip, pics will be up soon enough. Too embarrassed to show it now, my stock manifold is showing and all corroded. This weekend my DC header is going on and I'll snap some pics then

Originally posted by jschmid
What kills me is that you bought a camera not too long ago...you should invest in digital. Not fair to post this without pics. BAN!
damn. good memory. Yeah, that day I bought that camera, I went shopping for a digital but I couldn't find anything decent for my limited price range so I decided i'd just wait until I could afford something that I'd be happy with. So im working on it. I think for $300 I should be able to get something pretty nice. Please don't ban me