Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ball Joints Tutorial

Old 05-30-2003, 04:58 PM
blk92accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ball Joints Tutorial

I am new at this so please be patient....

I did searching but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. If someone knows of a thread that duplicates what I am asking please point me in the right direction.

I am looking at replacing all the bushings and ball joints on my front end later this summer. So I have a few questions. Does anyone know of a step by step or a manual that gives a good tutorial on replacing the ball joints.

What I would like to know is if I have to replace the whole ball joint or can I just replace the boot, if so where can I pick them up. What tools will I need, and what type of grease. Finally most important how to do it.

I found a great tutorial here on rotor replacement and was wondering if anyone knew of a similar for ball joints and the like. Well thanks in advance.

Cheers
Old 05-31-2003, 03:01 AM
accordfreak

get a ball joint seperator.. to seperate the lower and upper control arm from the ball joints

at this moment i'm about to change my lower ball joint.. i'll get back to you once i figure it out.
Old 05-31-2003, 01:14 PM
chamm25
Do you really care?

doesn't the upper ball joint have to be replaced w/the upper control arm? they come as one part. I think the haynes manual has decent intructions. You should be able to get that at a retail auto parts store.