Notices

Is this possible??? Last question, I swear!

Old 05-30-2003, 06:09 AM
detroitrice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this possible??? Last question, I swear!

Alright, I've been working on creating a smoke machine, utilizing an old fog machine and running it to an inverter within my car. My idea is that I could use straight food coloring, say in the color blue for example, and it would create blue fog, when put into the fog machine.... I doubt the blue would be very dark, but it wouldn't have to be... then I want to run tubes, powered by air pumps that I had laying around from my fish tank, and push the blue fog out the sides of my car, through the side skirt, so that it would lay down a blue fog along the sides of my car and since it's food coloring, I guess if it was sitting in one spot long enough, it would even color the roadway as well.... Do you think this idea is plausible??? Any ideas on how to make it all come together??? I'm trying to come up with fresh ideas that no one has, just to add an extra thrill when cruising. I'm thinking this is possible obviously, or I wouldn't bother, but it's going to be a lot of work, especially since I have to convert the pumps to run in the car, without utilizing my inverter, because I only have two outlets, one for my X-Box, and one for the fog machine.... Any ideas at all???
Old 05-30-2003, 06:16 AM
Funkwheat

You're a weird guy.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:39 AM
detroitrice

Why am I a weird guy??? I've been told that I go overboard a lot and try to push the envelop of what is normal a little too much when it comes to my cars, but I win a lot of awards at shows too.... so I guess it can't be too bad.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:50 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

This guy at a car show last summer had a BMW with a smoke screen behind his car. It made a lot of smoke. Later on I found out it was a drug dealers car and the cops took it. They used it to rob banks and what not. Just be careful and keep us updated.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:51 AM
GhettoMax
My other car is also slow

Default ...

detroitrice,

I am not sure if you are serious about this or not.

In any case, why not set the car on fire if you like smoke and glow? Since its going to eventually catch on fire when you put the fog machine in it? j/k

I am not sure what kind/type of fog machine you are planning on installing in the car. The ones I have require a lot of wattage so a regular type inverter! and they also get extremely hot (atleast around the nozzle) I would strongly suggest against it. It would be ok if it was only going to be stationary show car, then you can put the fog machine outside the car and power it with AC outlet. But in your case you are talking about cruising!
Old 05-30-2003, 06:52 AM
GhettoMax
My other car is also slow

Originally posted by vtecaccord01
This guy at a car show last summer had a BMW with a smoke screen behind his car. It made a lot of smoke. Later on I found out it was a drug dealers car and the cops took it. They used it to rob banks and what not. Just be careful and keep us updated.
great
Old 05-30-2003, 08:19 AM
jschmid

Originally posted by Funkwheat
You're a weird guy.
:rofl:
Old 05-30-2003, 08:25 AM
Cripeye

i think its a very cool idea but i have no idea how to help you ..Good Luck!
Old 05-31-2003, 06:31 PM
detroitrice

Shit, thanks, I didn't even stop to think about the aspect of the wattage.... I'm glad you mentioned it. Generally, I only mess around with stuff that is meant for the car in the first place, besides the XBox...

I was sort of worried about the whole fog/water thing and the lights, but I've been assured that I should be fine, as these lights go on the outsides of cars all of the time, so it shouldn't really matter.
Old 05-31-2003, 11:37 PM
forum95
I'm Cooler than You

it sounds like a legit idea, I think you can do it, but it matters how big your inverter is... Try it!