Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brake lamp

Old 05-29-2003, 09:50 AM
93accord4door
upgraded to 97 ;]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake lamp

recently i was drving my car, and the brake lamp light came on, but as far as i can see my brake lights some on, im not sure if all of them are on, but if not, how could i fix this? this brake lamp is very annoying
Old 05-29-2003, 10:29 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

its gotta be a bulb out... have someone hit the brakes and you watch to see which one it is... replace the bulb and you'll be all set.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:31 AM
Josher

I'm assuming that by brake lamp, you mean the light on your dash saying "Brake". This lights up when you have your e-brake pulled or if your brake fluid resevoir cap comes undone - (least that's what happens on my Integra). Check these two potential problem sources first, then post back.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:44 AM
93accord4door
upgraded to 97 ;]

ok change the bulb, thanx!
Old 05-29-2003, 12:11 PM
DJ Scotty

My light on my 99 EX V-6's dash just came on too; it says BRAKE LAMP...my girlfriend went out to the back and watched as I stepped on the brake, and she said one of those square inner brake lights on the coupe (under the triangular corner pieces) was out; its not very obvious....will a gas station or ordinary place fix this for me?
Old 05-30-2003, 04:20 AM
Josher

I think some ordinary places will, but its usually not that difficult to change the bulb yourself. Odds are, you'll be replacing the other side one day too, so it won't hurt to learn how to do it yourself. There's always the dealership, but that'll cost you....
Old 05-30-2003, 05:12 AM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Originally posted by DJ Scotty
My light on my 99 EX V-6's dash just came on too; it says BRAKE LAMP...my girlfriend went out to the back and watched as I stepped on the brake, and she said one of those square inner brake lights on the coupe (under the triangular corner pieces) was out; its not very obvious....will a gas station or ordinary place fix this for me?
:slap:

Originally posted by Josher
I think some ordinary places will, but its usually not that difficult to change the bulb yourself. Odds are, you'll be replacing the other side one day too, so it won't hurt to learn how to do it yourself. There's always the dealership, but that'll cost you....

On the scale from 1 - 10(hardest), it's probably 0.5 of changing the bulbs. Check you owner manual for instruction or take a peek at those Haynes manual while stop by your local autozone or pepboys.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:17 AM
OffDuty

double check the third brake light too.. can be tricky or easy to overlook of the 3.