Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 accord oem spoiler

Old 05-25-2003, 01:03 PM
titaniumGSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 accord oem spoiler

hey guys.. ive had this problem for a while.. but yea i finally decided to post on it.. well i bought the spoiler separate from the car... got it installed by a friend.. replaced pretty much everythin including the lumbar support rods or what not.. whatever those are called.. but yea.. the trunk slams so stinkin hard.. and it wont stay up sometimes.. shiz ive hit my head numerous times from it falling down.. for those of u w/ spoilers on their 03 accord.. u guys have the same problem? just wonderin.. its horrible..
Old 05-25-2003, 01:21 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

why dont u take it to the dealer and tell them it was OEM installed when u bought the car, and thats its falling down....

sean
Old 05-25-2003, 02:45 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either you didn't buy the high tension springs in the trunk that the spoiler requires or you didn't install them.
Old 05-25-2003, 05:04 PM
Civh

Agreed, seems like you did not install the new springs (lumbar support rod as you called it). To confirm, look into your trunk, there should be 2 black rods crisscrossing near the rear speakers. If they are gray then that mean you still have the orginal springs.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:46 PM
BigB2k3

Yo would that shi* work? to tell them you got the car like that and its doing that? Cuz I got aftermarket spoiler and need them spring things, I got the gray ones that let trunk full on yo a$$... hehe

But I need black ones that are better for car with spoiler and dont want to have to pay more...
Old 05-26-2003, 04:15 AM
Civh

Trying to weasel the new springs from the dealer may work if the dealer is not that smart. The OEM spoiler (at least for the sedan) has the word ACCORD moulded right under the LED. It is in pretty big letters. Also the OEM LED setup is plug and play, most aftermarket spoilers require you to splice into your brake light wires. So if the dealer has any brains, they should be able to easily spot an after market spoiler and refuse to install the springs for you. However it never hurt to try.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:28 AM
BigB2k3

Aight, ill give it a try...

Only thing I am pissed about really is this spoiler, was not for an 03 accord, it was my sis's and she never used it but it was for an accord and when we set it ontop my car it looked very nice and looked as it would fit GREAT.

But the damn installer place didnt tell me it would not mount right, they just put it on and said it looks good, ok $200 please....

So now I am stuck with it, its not that bad just the ends dont sit flat, the inside sides of them are tilted up... oh well thats what I get for using aftermarket and then going to cheap ass paint and installer place...
Old 05-26-2003, 09:24 AM
BlackChrome
E46/CD5

Originally posted by BigB2k3

Only thing I am pissed about really is this spoiler, was not for an 03 accord, it was my sis's and she never used it but it was for an accord and when we set it ontop my car it looked very nice and looked as it would fit GREAT.

But the damn installer place didnt tell me it would not mount right, they just put it on and said it looks good, ok $200 please....

So now I am stuck with it, its not that bad just the ends dont sit flat, the inside sides of them are tilted up... oh well thats what I get for using aftermarket and then going to cheap ass paint and installer place...
So you are telling us that you paid $25K for a nice brand new Accord but you wouldn't spend a little for an OEM spoiler that fits perfect and comes with everything? My friend's 94 Integra has an aftermarket OEM-like spoiler. Now the mounts are all rusted out and the hatch is starting to rust. Same thing happened to this girl I knew with a '91 Prelude.

I hope they install it right, like using the factory holes and everything. In case you ever change your mind and decide to get an OEM one, you won't have to buy a new trunk lid.
Old 05-26-2003, 10:00 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by BigB2k3

I'd say you almost deserve it. Next time don't ruin your $25,000 car by being a cheap guy and buy Honda quality goods.
Old 05-26-2003, 12:13 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

well if it isnt made for the car... dont plan on going to the dealer for a fix.