Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Kit for 2003 Accord Sedan

Old 05-23-2003, 09:16 PM
beafer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Kit for 2003 Accord Sedan

Hey peeps. New member, long time browser of this site.
Just got my new 2k3 accord and I need some help, please.
I have seen many radio kits for the 03 and was wondering is all of them for the space below the radio and not the actual radio itself? It just seems stupid to have both radio's in there at the same time.

Thanks everyone.
Old 05-24-2003, 05:00 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

take a quick gander at the stock radio... notice something?? maybe something thats not stereo related at all?? yes, yes... the climate controls...

they may eventually come up with something... so you can change the deck and keep the climate controls... but I wouldnt hold your breath...
Old 05-24-2003, 06:46 AM
beafer

Thanks for the smart remark but many radio kits nowadays have cut-outs or its laid out so the climate controls arent affected.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:24 AM
BigB2k3

Well think about this, ok your knobs would still be there but where would your AC display go? Your A/C is displayed on your radio screen...

There will NEVER be a kit for 03 accords, most you can do is add an aftermarket radio in that box you got below it and lose function of your steering wheel crap and what not, there are many ways to hook it up but all in all, leave the shit alone and get an amp... What do you want? I mean its a 6disk CD, and looks clean. If its not loude enough for you get an amp like I did... :P
Old 05-24-2003, 09:32 AM
99accord
www.poksquid.com

yeah... what he said
Old 05-24-2003, 10:29 AM
beafer

I see i am not getting anywhere with the people responding to the thread. Before making assumptions, ask. I dont have V6 LX which from my guess and the way it sounds, comes with the AC integrated controls in the radio with the shit on the steering wheels. The radio and AC controls have are not connected. I dont have anything on my steering wheels that works with the radio.
I wont be satisfied with the stock cd player with an amp like someone stated. The stock radio sucks basically. (And no, I dont have a 6 disc player.)

Thanks for your responses but no one answered the question.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:33 AM
BigB2k3

Ahh, well now that I understand your car better, sorry about all I said, but dont know...

I have no idea what ur car is like, so cant help ya...
Old 05-24-2003, 12:40 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

um, before asking questions... explain the situation... asshole... and i wasnt being smart... I was being truthful and to the point... so remove the naily 2x4 from your ass and be nice when asking for help.

You dont like the way it has to be, get another car... problem solved.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:56 PM
99accord
www.poksquid.com

go custom... it's not hard...

but unless you have the know how be willing to spend...
Old 05-24-2003, 01:05 PM
TriKKy

I honestly dont know what your interior looks like, Im so used to seeing the radio integrated. If your radio is just a "common" rectangle then you should easily be able to swap it out for an aftermarket one. If, on the other hand, there is any integration to it at all, you will probably NOT be able to just rip it out, and will have to use those slots in the CD holder. If this is the case, your new radio will probably just be AUX off your older radio.

Im screwed all around cause I have NAV....which adds yet another element complicating aftermarket stuff for me. I was basically forced to get the honda OEM MP3 player even though I had a 200W JVC unit in my old car. Dont know how much this helps.