Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone had their accord painted or repaired at a MAACO shop

Old 05-22-2003, 11:38 AM
smakdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone had their accord painted or repaired at a MAACO shop

I have a whole bunch of door dings that have been accumalating over the years, and i would like to have my car painted another color. Some people that I know recommended MAACO, ive heard of them before so thats a good sign, anyone had any experience with them?
Old 05-22-2003, 12:50 PM
DEaccord95
Living The Import Life

you'll get what you pay for. I've gone over this a million times with people online. My father owns one so i know all about them. If you want a paint job that will fade alittle bit over time, pay cheap. If you want a great paint job, pay the price.

The difference in price is the difference in quality paint, just like every other shop. PM me if u have any questions...
Old 05-22-2003, 12:57 PM
smakdown

I don't plan on keeping my car past college...so i'd say i will have it at least another 3-4 years. If i can find a shop that guarantees against fading and chipping with something like a 3-4 year warranty, i think ill be straight. Im not willing to pay $2000+ for a car that im not going to have for too much longer...

You say your father owns a MAACO shop, what kind of warranty do they have? What kind of prices am i looking at?
Old 05-22-2003, 02:19 PM
cwa107

Just remember that a MAACO paint job (especially changing the color) will destroy the resale value. The car will be worth half the book value. If you intend to trade it or sell it, I would recommend reconsidering.
Old 05-22-2003, 02:23 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

my mom got a $300 maaco special done to her beater not too long ago. the paint isn't the best and they did an AWFUL job of masking and taping off the car. she has paint over spray on the rims, muffler, tail lights, and head lights.
Old 05-22-2003, 02:39 PM
96GreenCivic

Yeah, I agree, I haven't heard anything good about Macco. I went to my local body shop, who I have done business with before and she quoted $1200 for a new coat of paint and she said, just buff out what you have b/c the factory paint will last longer and will always be better than a fresh coat. She told me she would charge me $350 to buff, polish and fill in some of the scratches with touch up. Hope that helps somewhat.
Old 05-22-2003, 05:26 PM
smakdown

So what im getting at from you guys is that it would be better money spent to just get the dings and scratches repaired, and maybe a good detailing job on my factory paint?
Old 05-22-2003, 05:36 PM
Big Chaze
Mr Clutch

Originally posted by smakdown
So what im getting at from you guys is that it would be better money spent to just get the dings and scratches repaired, and maybe a good detailing job on my factory paint?
Dont change the color!!!
If you do get a Maaco paint job,.. make sure it's the same color. They suck when changing colors. If there's no real damage on the car, then go with Maaco.
I did.

The car has been debadged so NO FLAMING!!
Old 05-22-2003, 08:00 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by DEaccord95
you'll get what you pay for.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 05-22-2003, 09:02 PM
djmtsu
nopistons

Well, at MAACO, you're lucky if you get what you pay for. If ya gonna go there, just do it yourself with Duplicolor.