Notices

Accord super low gas mileage problem...

Old 03-06-2011, 03:54 PM
halox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord super low gas mileage problem...

2000 Accord, 4-banger

With gas nearing the 4 per/gal. mark, I have been paying alot closer attention to how many miles I can go with every milk jug of liquid gold that I pour into the gas tank. Of late, only 19 mpg(average over 5 refills); but before, this car could get 30 mpg with soft foot on the petal. The two major repairs done to the car were putting in an after market catalytic coverter after an engine light come on and replacing the two half axles with refurbished ones because of a badly torn CV boot on one of the axles.

Someone said it might be the cheap cat. coverter(original cost well over six bills) I put in or the BRAKES ARE DRAGGING. Is there a way to troubleshoot if one of these items might be the cause and what does dragging brakes mean?

Before taking the car to the mech. I wanna gets some ideas as to what might be wrong from some very knowledgeable people here. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Accord1278

I would say it's the cheap cat. The cat on my car got damaged by road debris (I didn't know it was damaged) and I started to get about 17-18mpg. I was getting approx. 275 miles to the tank (4 cylinder) whereas before the damage I was getting close to 400 miles to the tank. I had the cat replaced and issue solved.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:15 PM
cruzalekz

whats the longterm fuel trim on this?
Old 04-06-2011, 04:16 AM
chelsy.houston

With diesel additives you’ll save cash on fuel, leaving you far more cash for adventure. And they do the job instantaneously – you'll see benefits faster than the hair on your chest can grow. Oh, and the very best part is, they’ll even take the hair off your back.