Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do asian cars look better than the US versions

Old 05-20-2003, 01:53 PM
itbejack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do asian cars look better than the US versions

I was wondering does any one know why the Hong Kong/Thailand version of the Accord looks so much nicer than the US version. Plus its loaded with more features! HIDS, blinking Mirrors, and nice fog lights???? Does anyone know if those fog lights will fit on a coupe?

http://www.honda.com.hk/accord/index.html
Old 05-20-2003, 02:07 PM
jschmid

:repost:

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...ht=US+versions
Old 05-20-2003, 02:17 PM
96JdmAccord
Im So JDM

Its not that they really look better its just that they have it and we dont.They are used to blackhouseing headlights, sidemarkers, clear bumper lights and stuff like that when they probally want the chrome houseing. Unlike us we want the black houseing headlights, motor, and items like that. But I do agree they do look a little nicer. u
Old 05-20-2003, 05:31 PM
v6master
Rice Hater

It's not that JDM cars are that much better looking, I think it also has to do with the whole saying "grass is always greener on the other side". People want what they can't have............just human nature.
Old 05-20-2003, 05:44 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Originally posted by 96JdmAccord
Its not that they really look better its just that they have it and we dont.They are used to blackhouseing headlights, sidemarkers, clear bumper lights and stuff like that when they probally want the chrome houseing. Unlike us we want the black houseing headlights, motor, and items like that. But I do agree they do look a little nicer. u

Originally posted by v6master
It's not that JDM cars are that much better looking, I think it also has to do with the whole saying "grass is always greener on the other side". People want what they can't have............just human nature.
how about 1 on each side :chuckles: Driver side = JDM look + 1 set of wheel + Racing seat +Blue LED dash board + anythings that's sooooo JayDeeUm........ Passenger side = USDM + Tezzer + leather Interior+ 1 diff set of CHROME wheels, etc :chuckles: That'll please every1
Old 05-20-2003, 08:06 PM
adam9981
What are you lookin at?

Originally posted by v6master

Well, I talked to many Japanese (who live in japan) and other asian+ europeans and they all agree that US version is LAMER than JDM.. and they do not like big-round-good-for-nothing US version.

However, I wasn't talking to 1000s of people..so I can't just say that what everyone feels.
Old 05-20-2003, 08:52 PM
SoR

My only complaint is that US cars tend to be too big. And yes, I would like to see same-named cars be same on both continents. I'm not sure why do they try so hard to keep them divided.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:11 PM
EliteAccord
Banned

Originally posted by SoR
My only complaint is that US cars tend to be too big.
That is because Americans are bigger and obese compared to the Japanese and Asian counterparts.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:22 PM
SoR

I knew someone's gonna put that as an excuse so I deleted it from my original post
Actually, americans might be bigger than most asians but not really bigger than europeans and europeans still get the nicer smaller cars.
From what I've heard, people over here tend to think they'll be safer in a huge car plus they need more room!?
Always remember a joke... need more room? Why not move to Texas?
Old 05-20-2003, 09:28 PM
AccordCutie

Originally posted by SoR
My only complaint is that US cars tend to be too big. And yes, I would like to see same-named cars be same on both continents. I'm not sure why do they try so hard to keep them divided.
Maybe it's because it is crowded over there compared to over here?:dunno: