figo07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kinda Camera is it?
nice exhaust btw
Old 05-15-2003, 02:27 AM
mayonaise

Originally posted by Samson
i think he means needles... because they are orange.
indeed... it does say needles, not gauges. unless he's referring to my question about why the gauge faces are shiney. in which case he didn't answer that question either... so anyways,

vtecinside:
did you paint your needles, and
why do your gauge faces so shiney?
Old 05-15-2003, 03:32 AM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

Originally posted by mayonaise
vtecinside:
did you paint your needles?

and why do your gauge faces look so shiney?
Yes, the needles are painted. The faces are shiney, cuz I have a first gen indiglo gauge face. (Circa April 2000)

Originally posted by 96JdmAccord
I like your car. did you actully get performance out of the AEM pully kit? I got a AEM cam gear and wish I dident. I dont want to adjust it and dont want to dyno it and pay like 200 bucks and find out I dident even get performance with adjusting it. But did you get performance? What times you run? What other performance parts?

Jon

Thank you. I don't have AEM pullies. I have Unorthodox Racings Street set of pullies, includiing the crank. I have never bothered to dyno, nor do I 1/4 mile it. I know the car is generally slow (auto). The pullies give a butt dyno difference in power, but that's all I can attest to. I have driven an EX accord with just AEM CAI vs my car which at the time was Iceman CAI and pullies, and my car felt faster.

Originally posted by 94AccordSedanEX
S100's great stuff, nice exhaust. I've always loved how clean your car is.
It's my first time using S100. It feels super slippery. It's almost like I slathered my car with melted butter. I'm waiting to see how durable it is.

Originally posted by DIYguy
what did you paint your needles with?

and did you paint your own side skirts?
I painted the needles as follows:

Take a real fine sandpaper and put a slight scuff on your needles (did not remove needles, this was done during the gauge install).
Dust the needles off, and painted them with a red paint marker. You can get the marker at any hobby shop for about $5. Just get a marker that is about the size of the needles. I must say the needles actually looked good painted with the stock black gauges as well. Its a cheap mod, but getting the gauge cluster out and back is about an hour of labor if you don't know what your doing and you can F things up if youre not careful.

Skirts:

They don't look that good in person when you get closer than 3 ft, but hopefully nobody ever gets that close.

I bought paint from www.towerpaint.com . They will match your factory paint and put it in spray cans. Unfortunately, I discovered that matching metallic colors, like my sage green, is that its more than just the right color paint. It requires just the right thickness of coating, just right pressure on the tip, and just right angle. It also requires appropriate dry time between coats.

Anyhoo, I unscrewed the front lip, I popped the side skirts and slid them off, and left the rear lip on (mofo to remove!).

I masked the rear bumper off. I took the rest of the components to a clean area. I put a light scuff (600+ grit) on all the components. Dusted them off. Then I used a primer (spray can) from Pep Boys that was good for bumpers. I sanded the coat slightly when dry, and primed it again. When it was dry I sanded slightly again and then started painting thin coat after thin coat (allowing about 1 hour of dry time between coats on a day with 80 degrees) I think I had about 4 or 5 coats. I let it sit overnight and sprayed about 2 coats of clearcoat on it. Let it dry and reinstall.

Thanks for the compliments guys. And to the folks that don't like the wheels why? I find that is the most common criticism I get from people. My only complaints with the wheels is the weight (24lbs w/o tires). They look good to me (all that really matters) and they are pretty damn near indestructible considering they are starting on their 4th summer in NYC with 30K+ miles on them. (knocking on wood!)

noel
Old 05-15-2003, 04:07 AM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

Originally posted by figo07
what kinda Camera is it?
nice exhaust btw
Its an Olympus Camedia Zoom 5050...pretty cool, a lil big and pricey (for me) and still a lot to learn about it.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:39 AM
Ferio Man

Originally posted by mpykalo
Nice camera!
pics look good
Old 05-15-2003, 08:13 AM
BlackChrome
E46/CD5

What kind of tires you have? ES100?
Originally posted by vtecinside
Old 05-15-2003, 08:30 AM
decibel_dj

nice pics
Old 05-15-2003, 10:11 AM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

Originally posted by BlackChrome
What kind of tires you have? ES100?
Yes they are. Not very impressed by them. I had the A520's before and despite severe wear, they felt like they had better grip than these, but hopefully these will wear better....

noel
Old 05-15-2003, 06:41 PM
haitred

Originally posted by vtecinside
Its an Olympus Camedia Zoom 5050...pretty cool, a lil big and pricey (for me) and still a lot to learn about it.

I have that same camera and it is tight as hell. I still don't know all the ins and outs. What part of NY you from?
Old 05-15-2003, 07:03 PM
HrZnAccRd

How did you get your muffler so shiny and silvery (i know that's not a word.. hope you get what i'm trying to say)? Mines all gold colored and even after i wash it, it's still has a slight yellow tint to it.