Notices

2001 Accord door seized, how to open it?

Old 01-17-2011, 05:19 PM
vitalichka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Accord door seized, how to open it?

Hi guys, it's been forever since I've been back here, really hoping someone can help me out with this since I have been breaking my head open over this.

My 2001 Honda Accord had some issues with the door not opening from the inside or the outside, so after taking everything apart I figured out the issue and fixed it. It was a clip which needed to be replaced and once I did that everything was working good. After I put all the panels back on and again tested the door, all was still working fine. Then I closed the door to go back home and realized I left a screwdriver inside the car, tried to open the car with the key but it wouldn't.

Now when I open the passenger door, the automatic door locks, lock automatically as if there is pressure on the locks to lock the doors. The driver side door won't open from the inside nor the outside, there is still tension on the handle though which tells me that nothing slipped off after my repairs.

The issue now is that I can't access the inside of the door because the panels are on and the door is closed which prevents me from taking them off.

Does anyone know how I could take the panels off while the door is closed or how I can get the door open to fix this?

2001 Honda Accord EX-L I4 2Dr Auto doors

Thanks I look forward to your responses.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Godfrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah solution is here. open the control of the door and check out of the mettal wire is in touch with any other thing that causing the trouble. if it is then refit the whole wire.