Notices

2004 Solara vs. 2003 Accord

Old 05-07-2003, 11:16 AM
AadosX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does resemble a Tiburon a little... especially the quarter panels.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:19 AM
DJ Scotty

Originally posted by AadosX
It does resemble a Tiburon a little... especially the quarter panels.
What, the Solara? Yeah, thats what everyone has been saying...
Old 05-07-2003, 01:39 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Solara is horribly ugly. The back end and side profile is AWFUL. Like an older Tiburon and an SC430 crossed. Eugh

I'd get the Accord in a second. Three reasons:

1) The Solara's 4 banger sucks, while the Accord's is sweet
2) You can't get the Solara V6 in a manual transmission
3) It's built for OLD PEOPLE and WOMEN. At least the last generation was. I'm assuming this one has similiar suspension tunings.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:52 PM
DJ Scotty

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
The Solara is horribly ugly. The back end and side profile is AWFUL. Like an older Tiburon and an SC430 crossed. Eugh

2) You can't get the Solara V6 in a manual transmission
3) It's built for OLD PEOPLE and WOMEN. At least the last generation was. I'm assuming this one has similiar suspension tunings.
These are your opinions, as mine are mine, but I totally disagree....the points you bring up are valid about why not to get the Solara vs. the Accord; BUT, styling wise, I think the Accord looks like weak, total ASS compared to the long, larger, sleek Solara....the Accord, in profile, looks like a friggin' Civic---small, almost compact in design; even with that OEM spoiler and the up and coming under body kit, it STILL looks small, weak and without a "presence"....I think my 6th Gen coupe looks MUCH better with my under body kit than this 7th gen, and thats not saying much coming from me....YOU know that....
Old 05-07-2003, 02:08 PM
cooliojones

Originally posted by DJ Scotty
Fanatic,

You really think the Solara is "frumpy" and the new Accord two door isnt? I see many two door Accords on the roads now, and even with that rear spoiler, the car looks so....ehhhh....I dont know...."insignificant" if you know what I mean; no dramatic presence is given off when you are next to this car, IMO....looks so boring....I think the RSX has more style, to be honest.
Add the underbody spoiler kit then let's see if you change your mind!
Old 05-07-2003, 02:25 PM
joshk03

if it came down to styling i think i like the 1st gen. solara the best. Well, at least with a full on TRD stage 3 in black. sick. but i have to see the new solara in person to make full judgements. Anybody know when they are coming out? on that same note..anyone know when the 04 accords will be out?
Old 05-07-2003, 02:29 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally posted by AcuraFanatic
Yes, but the Accord has a very differing personality from the Buick-like Camry.
not in the majority of its buyers.... Number one thing i hear when people talk about the Accord/Camry is "reliable" or "gonna last a long time"...

Don't think ive ever heard anyone of buying the Accord for its "sportiness"... thats for sure. Until maybe now... since its really trying to replace the prelude(6x6).
Old 05-07-2003, 02:30 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally posted by DJ Scotty
J,

I was nowhere NEAR the only one that referenced the Cougar against this new Accord two door----you cannot tell me the side design doesnt smack of the Cougar's profile; SO MANY people in here have said this. Aside from that, yeah, I guess the Solara does have the Tiburon's sweeping, wavy beltline---that is without a doubt....but for someone LIKE ME, who is now in the market for a much larger car than the 6th gen Accord as I have (although I desire a four door after this), the Solara plays this styling off nicely, being it is such a sleek, long vehicle from side profile; somehow it is more handsome---in my own opinion---than the Tiburon in side profile because it IS so long and sleek. Sleek, long coupes is what its about----the Solara even resembles the Jap version, perhaps, of the Chevy Monte Carlo---same wavy, long flanks along the sides...they both look like large, imposing vehicles upon first glancing at them....the Accord just does not offer this same visual perspective; it looks stubby and chubby in comparison.
you are correct... its does look like a cougar, in just about all ways except the interior.

Dont expect many people here to back u on any toyota products.... ive been there, done that.

When it comes down to it, the new Solara has character... the Accord doesnt.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:31 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6

The 4cyl is really the same in torque/HP as the accords..... And the 4cyl is dead reliable.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:32 PM
boilers

I think stylings are subjective opinions. Most of the people here will suggest the accord because this is a honda board. Go to toyota's board and I'm sure they'll told you the opposite.