Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weapon R Coilovers and helper springs

Old 05-01-2003, 07:03 PM
Illicit Accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weapon R Coilovers and helper springs

hey guys, i heard some really good stuff about the "helper" springs that weapon r coilovers have. from what i hear, these helper springs are supposed to eliminate alot of the bounce that occurs with the coilovers. And i was wondering if any of you had any personall experiances with them... to those who don't know what i'm talking about here

http://www.weapon-r.com/circuspro.html

and here

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0105it_weaponr/

the second site shows you how to install them. the first one is a discription on them. and if anyone knows if it is possible to buy them speratly that would be tight too!

thanks
Old 05-01-2003, 07:24 PM
ZigenBallz
p/t slacker

I'm not hijacking your thread... honest:eh:

but I was just curious if anyone knows where to get the rubber o rings that go between the sleeve and strut? Home Depot is a big ass place and those rings are soooo small....

Back on the subject though, you don't really hear much about Weapon R. I've been curious about these for awhile now too. From what I've read about them is that they are better than generic APC type coilover sleeves but not as good as Ground Controls... But it seems like everyone who has the Circuit Pro's (with aftermarket struts) are happy with them... the only complaints I hear are from people with stock struts.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:27 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

it sounds cool but NOT THAT SAFE. Harsh and aggressive driving will do BIG damage
Old 05-01-2003, 08:36 PM
Illicit Accord

hey "PoohBoi" what do you mean "not that safe" and "big damage" i didn't understand what you were saying... thanks
Old 05-02-2003, 05:17 AM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Originally posted by Illicit Accord
hey "PoohBoi" what do you mean "not that safe" and "big damage" i didn't understand what you were saying... thanks
Oh, sorry that I didn't make that clear. Normally, one piece springs are more stable. That is if you drag, drift, slide your car, the load will distribute evenly. However, 2 piece springs cannot provide strong hold in those situation where as the connection of the 2 will pop if you're car is "roll" and eventually would break your shocks. Many experts told me about that. I too thought it would be cool at first, but as the safety goes, it's a no no.