Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tinted Tails/Custom Exhaust.. 03 Coupe (SLICK)

Old 04-26-2003, 06:21 PM
Slick03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tinted Tails/Custom Exhaust.. 03 Coupe (SLICK)

Honda has no clue, look how bright and pink my lights are. I feel like i bought a buick and im 65. Lets fix it. Oh, and the single exhaust has to go! Custom Dual kit here I come.

heres what you need. Tint and Clearcoat. You can get them at a local hobby shop. Total cost was 6 bucks. That was enough for 2 coats on each light of both.

Ok, so heres the bad news, you have to take the bumper off to get the lights out. But its easy. Two bolts on the back, three screws in each wheel well, and youre off! I just dropped mine 3 inches so i could get a screw gun in there.

The light on the bottom has one coat of tint. The top light is stock.

Here are both lights with 1 coat of tint, 30 minutes later.

Cant forget the third brakelight on the spolier. 2 screws removed that.

After 2 coats of tint.

After 2 coats of clearcoat. waiting 30 minutes between coats. Check out the diff. with the pics above.

Finished Product. Got my exhaust done at a local shop here in AZ. He built me a Cat Back kit with HighPro mufflers with 2" pipe. Turned out nice. NO RICE HERE! Sounds like a sports car.

SSSLLIIIICCKKKK!

Dont Copy! Create!
Old 04-26-2003, 06:29 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like it. Sorry. Neat idea though.
Old 04-26-2003, 06:30 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

my god! that looks sick! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Do you think it's a good idea to use that same stuff on my front headlight housings?
Old 04-26-2003, 06:31 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

loooks smoooth. stealth .

yea stock looks fruity. =]
Old 04-26-2003, 06:37 PM
Slick03

I have seen it used on headlights. But dont forget to tape off the part of the lights you still want to use.. or coat it really light on the majority of the housing because you wont be able to see shit. My taillights are not as bright as stock, but still visible. Thx for the props dood.
Old 04-26-2003, 06:42 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

Originally posted by Slick03
I have seen it used on headlights. But dont forget to tape off the part of the lights you still want to use.. or coat it really light on the majority of the housing because you wont be able to see shit. My taillights are not as bright as stock, but still visible. Thx for the props dood.
well, I was thinking of just spraying it with the tint spray instead of using black paint. What to you mean by taping off? The turn signal reflector?
Old 04-26-2003, 06:50 PM
Slick03

Could if you want. The spray tint is really easy to use.. if you look at the first coat pics on the post, you probally want something around that level of tint. Just a light 10-15%
Slick
Old 04-26-2003, 06:54 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

Could if you want. The spray tint is really easy to use.. if you look at the first coat pics on the post, you probally want something around that level of tint. Just a light 10-15%
Slick
sounds good :thumbup:

I want to tint the housings, and leave the orange strip in just like the red Accord in my sig \/
Old 04-26-2003, 07:01 PM
Slick03

If you look at a previous post of mine, gunmetal grey headlights. I took apart my lights with a heat gun and painted everything but the reflectors behind the bulb.. it turned out nice. Check it out. Its in my sig too.
Old 04-26-2003, 07:04 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

If you look at a previous post of mine, gunmetal grey headlights. I took apart my lights with a heat gun and painted everything but the reflectors behind the bulb.. it turned out nice. Check it out. Its in my sig too.
yeah I remember that. On my 6th gen, I think it'll look better with the signal reflector painted. I doubt it will affect visibility, since there are people who have painted them with black paint without having serious problems with visibility. In my case, the tint would probably let some light through, and let it reflect back. What diameter are your exhaust tips BTW?