Notices

Drivers side door light doesn't work

Old 04-16-2003, 03:51 PM
carrwash13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers side door light doesn't work

I own a 5th gen Accord and my door light (the one in the inside of the car that lights up when you open your door) isn't working anymore. It used to go off every now and then but if you jiggled the light around it would come back on, but now it doesn't work at all. Anyone had this problem before? And if so how did you fix it?
Old 04-16-2003, 03:55 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably a loose wire in it.

Pull the light out from the door and check the connections and make sure they are tight and rust free. If they are loose just replace the clips on it (easy job 5 minutes max) if that doesn't work then you may have blown the bulb in it and just replace that as well.
Old 04-16-2003, 04:03 PM
dantastic
cx power!

have you tried replacing the bulb?

**edit** hmm... i should try reading the thread 1st
Old 04-16-2003, 11:34 PM
carrwash13

Originally posted by Nightshade
Probably a loose wire in it.

Pull the light out from the door and check the connections and make sure they are tight and rust free. If they are loose just replace the clips on it (easy job 5 minutes max) if that doesn't work then you may have blown the bulb in it and just replace that as well.
The connections are good and the light definitely works cause I've tried it in different sockets like my back door that work good. Could there be something wrong w/ the wiring inside my door?
Old 04-16-2003, 11:48 PM
BlackChrome
E46/CD5

How about the door switch? You know, the little switch on the door jam? When you open your door, does the door ajar indicator light turn on? It took me a while to figure out my friend's '93 Accord and they were the damn problem!
Old 04-17-2003, 09:14 AM
nd4speedm1
Currently Riding his BIKE

mine doesnt work either but i think its casue circut city didnt connect it back up when they installed me speakers....sucks but oh well not to botherd by it....any way....if nothing works then u might wnat to take the panel off and check the wires in back....super bitch to take off....get the hanes manual or something its helps alot :thumbup: