Sponsored by:

2001 Accord 4 Door VP Transmission question, Locks, and TB belt

Old 08-27-2010, 06:22 AM
muff diver
MUFF DIVER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Accord 4 Door VP Transmission question, Locks, and TB belt

Hi there,

I have been away from the boards for a while, but last month picked up a 2001 Accord VP Sedan with 78K miles, for DD duty. It is an original owner car, excellent shape.

Our other accords in family have gone 280-320K miles. I am also familiar with the Accord V6 auto tranny problems.

However, after I got home, and researched, and found that the 99-02 accord 4 cyl also has tranny problems with the auto

1) Is there any preventative maintenance you guys recommend?
2) Is there any signs before the tranny goes?
3) I would like to keep this car till at least 200K miles, but I don't want to worry about the tranny all the time.

Next TB/Water pump question
4) On our other Hondas we have done the service at about 100k or 105K. Given this is a 9 year old car, should I do the service now, given the time, or just wait till 100k?

5) The VP has roll up windows and manual locks. I actually like the roll up windows, because I know most Japanese cars get old and slow windows. However, I am wondering cost wise how much would it be to add power locks?

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:38 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

(you seem to be posting fine?)
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 08-27-2010, 06:42 AM
muff diver
MUFF DIVER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Nelson,

Yes after I sent the report, I realized it had me locked due to not confirming via email my password/email change.

Looks good now, thanks for the help.

The other question I have is, does HAN have regional section, for questions relating to finding shops and such in a local area? I couldn't find it.