Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

f-22 modify

Old 05-11-2003, 09:18 PM
CB3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FMAX does not sell turbos for fourth gens, I have called them numerous amounts of times and they said a 5th gen system wouldnt work even if you had a Manifold to go on your head but I have a friend who had a Gude package done to his eclipse(non turbo) and he was pretty happy with it. Again I know he didnt get 40 HP and for 1500 bucks i'd rather put that into a rebuild for a turbo. Modacar claims they have a turbo kit for our car with a Drag Gen3 turbo but i have not called them to confirm this.
http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Accord/MODAFOIN
Old 05-11-2003, 09:57 PM
TJCCARDCO

FMAX says that because they make it for the 5th gen, there is no way possible that it won't work. All you need is a manifold to fit your car and your set. What else is there that is going to offset the kit? Stop sending out bad information please.:madfawk:
Old 05-12-2003, 11:53 AM
decibel_dj

Originally posted by AcuraFanatic
Um, depends. You can blow a lot more boost into an F22/F23 than you can an H22 without blowing a hole in the block.

An F23 turbo would blow away a moderately modded H22...you'd need to spend a lot of money to make an N/A H22 run with an F23 turbo, especially if that F23 has a lot of boost.
a h22 engine has way more potenial than a f22/f23 engine. the amount of money u are talking to turbo charge that engine isnt cheap. the cost of the kit alone is equal to you getting the h22 and its a matter of install. now a F/I car that was N/A will always have problems.. even the best shops have trouble. so the h22 is a cheaper and more powerfull option. dont get me wrong i wanted to F/I my f22 but after i did the homework on it the h22 with bolt ons will keep up with the f22/f23 dollar 4 dollar