Notices

Blew the H22

Old 03-31-2003, 11:23 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Nightshade
Actualy I wouldn't say its the supplier at all. These things do happen. Generally engines are compression tested and thats about it regardless of where you get it from. They don't test run them except for compression check.

Any time you buy a used engine its a crap shoot and one in who knows how many is eventually going to have issues.

I doubt it has to do with the supplier at all...unless the threw sand in the block or loosened a rod
well considering that he bought it from osaka and they have screwed a bunch of people, i would say stay away from osaka.

your right though they don't real test run them and since he had it running for awhile you can't fully blame osaka. from a post on honda-tech they do not deal with the good jdm importers in montreal. if there not buying from decent places then chances are your going to get a crappy motor. if they buy from good places then chances are your going to get something good.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:44 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by AccordSleeper
well considering that he bought it from osaka and they have screwed a bunch of people, i would say stay away from osaka.

your right though they don't real test run them and since he had it running for awhile you can't fully blame osaka. from a post on honda-tech they do not deal with the good jdm importers in montreal. if there not buying from decent places then chances are your going to get a crappy motor. if they buy from good places then chances are your going to get something good.
I agree as soon as I saw him say Osaka my memory flooded with low grade reports ranging from customer service to missing parts etc.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:50 AM
djmtsu
nopistons

It probably wasn't their fault. However all I did was put on a CAI. Thats it. The exhaust was factory Prelude header fitted to the Accord Cat back. No big deal. The only thing I can see is that if maybe the engine had alot more miles on it than the "30-45k" they say. Regardless, if I do another H22, it will be USDM. I'll just go to a local junkyard and salvage one, and build it up for all motor before it ever gets put into the chassis. I am still using the Lude tranny, it actually makes a difference with the F22, shorter gears help make up a little for the lack of HP.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:58 PM
92lx

darn
Old 03-31-2003, 07:02 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just out of curiousity were you in the habit of "railing on it"?
Old 03-31-2003, 07:52 PM
djmtsu
nopistons

No, I drove it like I normally drive. I didn't race, or go do the 1/4 mile. A few autocross events, but thats it. Yeah, every now and then I did get on it, but no more often than I did with the F22. Honestly, I am not as pissed off as I thought I would be. All I wanted when I got the Accord was to get an H22 swap, but once it was done, I wasn't all excited and racing anyone and what not. i really wanted to keep the swap on the DL, I already get enough questions at the gas station about the wheels and suspension.
Old 03-31-2003, 08:02 PM
96JdmAccord
Im So JDM

Hey,
Sorry about that man. That really sucks. Good luck with the F22 and everything going alright. i was concidering buying from Osaka because of the good price. Can I ask you how much was shipping? the Motor is going for 1900 right now. How much was shipping? Sorry man,
Jon
Old 04-01-2003, 07:19 AM
djmtsu
nopistons

When I bought it I think I paid like $1650. The H22 was 1850, then they took off 200 because I wanted an auto. It was actually cheaper (because most people want the manual). I am not sure what the shipping and customs were, since my mother picked up the tab for that. She wanted to help out. She is very cool!
Old 04-01-2003, 07:42 AM
99accord
www.poksquid.com

build up the f22... it has more potential than people give it credit for... (why do i feel like i'm gonna get flamed for that one?)
Old 04-01-2003, 07:51 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Originally posted by 99accord
build up the f22... it has more potential than people give it credit for... (why do i feel like i'm gonna get flamed for that one?)
yes and no, he had 170k on his. your f23 is begging for a turbo though.