Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 Accord oil leak between distributor and engine/ With pictures

Old 03-22-2003, 10:38 AM
Davi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Accord oil leak between distributor and engine/ With pictures

Here is an over view of the situation.
To the right (in the first image) is the distributor upside down, unbolted from it's home.
Oil is leaking inbetween the distributor and engine.
Should there simply be a gasket inbetween the distributor and the engine to stop the oil leak?
Oil is sitting just inside, is that normal? (please see next image over)
Old 03-22-2003, 11:08 AM
kevO212

it doesnt look like a lot, was there a lot more oil than that before?
Old 03-22-2003, 11:12 AM
fizzbob7
90 accord h22a

isn't there a rubber o-ring on the distributor....it has to be able to be adjustable, although you could use blue glue and fix it the way you want it too....just whatever works....
Old 03-23-2003, 07:45 PM
Davi

Thanks for the advice HAN. I used a hi-temp. rubber foam "make a gasket" and there is no leak...but as far as the o ring, it is in excelent condition so i didn't replace it...but i do see the problem that you mentioned about the distrubutor needing to move for timing. But I don't plan on messing with that for performance reasons, and so i suspect that it may never need attention. Well I hope any way. Thanks again.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:47 PM
fizzbob7
90 accord h22a

Originally posted by Davi
Thanks for the advice HAN. I used a hi-temp. rubber foam "make a gasket" and there is no leak...but as far as the o ring, it is in excelent condition so i didn't replace it...but i do see the problem that you mentioned about the distrubutor needing to move for timing. But I don't plan on messing with that for performance reasons, and so i suspect that it may never need attention. Well I hope any way. Thanks again.
thats what i would've done.....no need to move it anyway...gasket and a BUNCH OF BLUE GLUE....good you fixed it
Old 03-23-2003, 07:50 PM
AznBadAss92LX

doesnt look that bad.....
Old 03-23-2003, 09:54 PM
Hondapower10a
Avocado Green Appliance

hey guys heres my experience with my 93 and its oil leak btwn the head and the distibutor (if it helps any). I took my car in to the local Honda dealership to get the timing belt and water pump done at 100k miles and they said that I had the aforementioned oil leak. I told them to take a look at at and they pulled it apart while they were doing the timing belt package. they said that there was an o-ring seal that had gone bad. I told them that where I come from, money doesnt grow on trees (they wanted an additional $180 to including labor to replace the distributor o-ring) where I come from. Since they were making over $500 from me for the timing package they only charged me for parts and no labor since they just couldnt see not replacing it now that they had it all pulled apart. Parts came to something like $16... and done by Honda professionals, with a warranty. Some dealerships like to nickel-and-dime people to death. It is nice to see one that doesn't.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:29 AM
AccordManiac
Korean Member

Originally posted by Hondapower10a
hey guys heres my experience with my 93 and its oil leak btwn the head and the distibutor (if it helps any). I took my car in to the local Honda dealership to get the timing belt and water pump done at 100k miles and they said that I had the aforementioned oil leak. I told them to take a look at at and they pulled it apart while they were doing the timing belt package. they said that there was an o-ring seal that had gone bad. I told them that where I come from, money doesnt grow on trees (they wanted an additional $180 to including labor to replace the distributor o-ring) where I come from. Since they were making over $500 from me for the timing package they only charged me for parts and no labor since they just couldnt see not replacing it now that they had it all pulled apart. Parts came to something like $16... and done by Honda professionals, with a warranty. Some dealerships like to nickel-and-dime people to death. It is nice to see one that doesn't.
Very nice idea...
White 10th Anniversary Edition Accord is very nice.....
I have 93 Black 10th Anniversary !!:thumbup: