Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Q] KYB GR-2 Shocks any good?

Old 03-17-2003, 08:02 PM
AccordManiac
Korean Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [Q] KYB GR-2 Shocks any good?

KYB GR-2 shocks any good? I don't really need adjustable shocks..... I am just wondering...
Old 03-17-2003, 09:16 PM
VTECseoul
i love my wife's (y)

they are good, but everybody just wantsto say, "KYB AGX are worth the money." i'm gonna get GR-2s for the same reason, don't need adjustability.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:19 AM
Suspension Guru

KYB GR-2's are fine on a car with stock springs, they are oem valved replacements. But they should NEVER be used on a lowered vehicle. All lowering springs are stiffer and the GR-2's with their oem valving cannot effectively deal with stiffer than stock spring rates. Get the GR-2's only if you'll never lower the car. Yes the GR-2's a hecka cheap, but don't kid yourself that they will have a acceptable ride with lowering springs. The fact that the AGX's are adjustable is no exscuse to shrug them off as not needed, if you have stiffer springs, you need them, adjustable or not. It has NOTHING to do with wanting to autocross or run through the turns fast. It has everthing to do with a ride and drive quality that would let a honda suspension engineer KEEP HIS JOB. In other words, honda wouldn't use underdampned struts and you shouldn't either. You and your car deserve better.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:39 PM
chamm25
Do you really care?

I have the GR-2's on neuspeed sports. I would not use them on anything stiffer than sports. They are obviously not stiff enough for the sports, though the ride is still great(215/45 tires). I only got them because they were cheap, and they work for how cheap they are. If I had to do it again, I'd wait another month and buy either AGX or Koni Reds. From an engineering aspect, all struts are underdamped. But I have to completely disagree about gr2's ride quality on my drop. It rides just about the same as my friends civic, who has neuspeed sport/AGX. In fact, I'd say mine is more comfortable, but his is definitely "sportier" and it does handle better too. I've gone over this many times at accordclub.com, I've just started looking at this board.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:35 PM
I Like JDM
JDM Spec Tuner

I got the GR-2 with sportlines....works fine for me.
Old 03-20-2003, 01:07 AM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

get adjsutable shocks. trust me, youll use it.