Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would MDX steering wheel fit?

Old 03-12-2003, 09:18 PM
ClayMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would MDX steering wheel fit?

From the outside, the wheel looks exactly like the ones in TL/CL Type S (with the perforated leather and all) which I know will definitely fit 6G accords. but inside... anyone know?
Old 03-12-2003, 09:26 PM
jschmid

Yes, it does. It's a good option if you have tan interior and don't want the black TL/CL-S wheel.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:20 PM
lubs
Jack of few trades

What's the difference between the Accord and MDX wheels? I like my 6G Accord EX wheel. Not leather, but it has a good thick feel and the controls are well placed. Activating the horn is firm enough for light presses, but you can slam it quick and predictably for emergencies. Is that worth changing?
Old 03-12-2003, 10:49 PM
jschmid

Originally posted by lubs
What's the difference between the Accord and MDX wheels? I like my 6G Accord EX wheel. Not leather, but it has a good thick feel and the controls are well placed. Activating the horn is firm enough for light presses, but you can slam it quick and predictably for emergencies. Is that worth changing?
Well I'm glad you like your wheel, but leather > plastic/rubber.

And about the horn...the airbag (with horn) stays, it's just the wheel you swap.

I swapped mine, and for $50, it was the best mod for the money on my car to date.

Before:

After:
Old 03-13-2003, 07:27 AM
Dracord

actually i don't think the mdx wheels fit, someone over at v6accord.com tried and it didnt fit.

http://www.v6accord.com/forums/showt...hlight=Dracord
Old 03-13-2003, 10:10 AM
jschmid

Originally posted by Dracord
actually i don't think the mdx wheels fit, someone over at v6accord.com tried and it didnt fit.

http://www.v6accord.com/forums/showt...hlight=Dracord
Well I had heard of guys doing it...and I read that thread, and one guy says:
"Hello,

I have a MDX steering wheel installed on my accord.

From the pictures you have posted, mine is the middle one! I think mine is a 2001 MDX (not sure what year). It fits fine, no mods whatsoever!

If yours is on the right, then I have a feeling that its different, if you look at your OEM steering wheel, you should see some similarities with the MDX (middle one). If not then it will not fit!

Thats my guess...

ps: I didnt install it, my uncle did..."

So I guess there are some variations. Those guys on AV6 seemed to be guessing it was the '03 MDX wheel that didn't work.

Anyway, I "borrowed" a good pic from over there.

Mine looked like the second one, worked fine without modification. I think the left one needs two new screws is all. And the third one, on the right, doesn't seem to fit.

Old 03-13-2003, 10:57 AM
BonzoAPD

anyone know if the CL / TL wheel conversion would work on an Integra?

I am posting here since you guys seem to know a lot about wheel swaps and no-one in the Integra forum knew when I asked about this. Thanks.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:27 AM
jschmid

Originally posted by BonzoAPD
anyone know if the CL / TL wheel conversion would work on an Integra?

I am posting here since you guys seem to know a lot about wheel swaps and no-one in the Integra forum knew when I asked about this. Thanks.
Well I think 5th gen accords need a first gen CL wheel to work. I really have no idea about Integra wheels.

It may fit on other cars, but would require the airbag as well (big $).

Did Honda ever offer a leather wrapped wheel for integra's? If so, might be easier to find an Integra one.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:43 AM
BonzoAPD

Originally posted by jschmid
Well I think 5th gen accords need a first gen CL wheel to work. I really have no idea about Integra wheels.

It may fit on other cars, but would require the airbag as well (big $).

Did Honda ever offer a leather wrapped wheel for integra's? If so, might be easier to find an Integra one.
I have a leather wrapped Integra wheel, but I am actually looking to swap the airbag cover