Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY and what more can you ask for.

Old 03-12-2003, 03:11 PM
lilboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY and what more can you ask for.

Hey all you accord lovers out here. Here is were you can show off all your DIY projects. It would be intersting to see. I love making things rather then buy. It shows that you actually put the time in your car, and you care about it. DIY takes still and time, but at the end you get bragging rights! So post pics of your car and a short list of your mods. Have fun. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
Old 03-12-2003, 03:30 PM
jschmid

The theory in your sig has led to such tragedies as this:

You do know there is a whole DIY forum on this board right?

I put a bunch of things on my car, but I don't think that's what you're talking about.

I "MADE" a couple simple things on my car:
Self clear headlights:

DIN plate:

Painted my gauge bezel:
Old 03-12-2003, 03:56 PM
96JdmAccord
Im So JDM

Alot of them are going to be the same...But lets see them..
Old 03-12-2003, 04:10 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

tails, markers, grille and my bumper lights stay lit. .

i painted my skirts, rear and front. skirts holding up nicely...front and rear are faded. h:

edit:. also workin on smokin my signals

Old 03-12-2003, 05:06 PM
forumballer

Originally posted by jschmid
The theory in your sig has led to such tragedies as this:

You do know there is a whole DIY forum on this board right?

I put a bunch of things on my car, but I don't think that's what you're talking about.

I "MADE" a couple simple things on my car:
Self clear headlights:

DIN plate:

Painted my gauge bezel:
Which alpine head unit do you have? The controls are alpine cd changer compatible too right?
Old 03-12-2003, 08:02 PM
Sham

I have some DIY mods on my 5th gen:

OEM S2000 Engine Start Button

6.8" LCD screen with remote

Audio/Video holes for anything (VCR, PS2, N64, DVD, anything)

DIY JDM Headlights

Not pictured:
- Blue LEDs in A/C Pannel
- 96/97 Map light in 94 Accord (the one that goes infront of the rearview mirror)
- Painted Moldings
- Painted EX Rims
- (there are others, but I can't remember them all)

Basically all work on my car is done by me, except for a few things that required a professional.

Can't forget the custom bumper mounting:
Old 03-12-2003, 08:18 PM
jschmid

Originally posted by forumballer
Which alpine head unit do you have? The controls are alpine cd changer compatible too right?
Yep, I have the Ai-net changer that it controls.

As far as the model goes, I don't think they make it anymore, but I'm sure you can find a similiar Alpine HU www.crutchfield.com

Originally posted by Sham

Audio/Video holes for anything (VCR, PS2, N64, DVD, anything)

That is very cool.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:40 PM
lilboi

yo sham what kind of head unit do you have. It's sweet that you have the jacks for everything. can you decribe in detail your stero setup.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:55 PM
99accord
www.poksquid.com

i like the av jacks too... nice placement...
Old 03-12-2003, 10:14 PM
Sham

Thanks everyone. I'd be more than happy to explain it all. The HU, is the stock one. Yup, thats right! But seeing the current stero set-up, you know there's something missing. In the trunk is a Apline 6-disc cd changer. I also have a portable minidisc player. I like it cause minidiscs are cheap, and each can hold 5 HOURS of mp3s. Yes, thats right. The minidisc player connects to the computer through USB, and transfers are very fast and reliable.

In the center console is a 6.8" LCD screen with remote. So there aren't any buttons on the console to press to turn it on. I have a piece of smoked plexi glass to cover the screen. It also makes the install look much cleaner. When the screen is off, it looks like nothing is there. But when you turn it on, its crisp and clear. You're probably how I play sound with a stock deck. I use an FM Modulator. It plays on station 88.7, and sounds perfect. I also have a 300watt power inverter. It sits inbetween the passanger seat and console. The cable plugs into the relocated cigarette lighter thats been conviently moved to the passanger side.

So, for example, to play a video game: turn on the power inveter, turn on game system, turn on TV, make sure all A/V cables are plugged in, and turn radio to station 88.7. Sound plays out of stock speakers. Yes, I also have stock speakers. Its the EX sound system with tweeters, and it works just fine for me. Same concept works for any other device you plug in. Works great at meets, you can plug in your cam corder to show footage from other stuff.

Thats baically my stero set-up. For my minidisc player, I use the A/V jacks. I don't know the last time I actually used the tape player, probably last summer before the install. Some people are wondering "why the stock deck?" Cause no one steals them!!! I have no subs, no amps, nothing. Just a stock deck with stock speakers. Something most accords have. No one sees a 6-disc CD changer in the trunk. And most don't even know theres a lcd screen in the dash, cause the plexi glass is smoked, and it looks like an empty hole at night.

I got the LCD screen idea from Zidek. The A/V placement was mine, cause it seemed the easiest way to do it. And thats the cool thing about DIY projects, is that you get to design it, and chose where you want things to go.

My next idea is a camera mounted on the front lower grill of the car hooked up to the screen. So you can turn it on, and have a "race cam" view. I think it would be really cool.

Any other questions?