Notices

squeaking sound under hood?

Old 03-08-2003, 08:39 AM
AcC95oRd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squeaking sound under hood?

I just installed my SR intake the other day, then i noticed if im turning, i can hear this spueaking sound like right where my intake is. So i pop the hood and shake the intake to see if thats the noise, and when i did that it didnt make any noise, any of u guys have this problem?
Old 03-10-2003, 12:16 PM
jdmakkord

two words bro....rat bait! jfwy be sure everything is tight and not rubbing anywhere
Old 03-10-2003, 02:34 PM
dantastic
cx power!

Originally posted by jdmakkord
two words bro....rat bait! jfwy be sure everything is tight and not rubbing anywhere
:werd:
if u have a generic intake, it probably doesnt mount to the body anywhere and its probably rubbing up against the body or something
Old 03-10-2003, 05:51 PM
AcC95oRd

Default Re: squeaking sound under hood?

Originally posted by AcC95oRd
So i pop the hood and shake the intake to see if thats the noise, and when i did that it didnt make any noise,
Old 03-10-2003, 07:43 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

I don't know if it's the same problem as mine. mine wasn't relate to the intake at all, just that the thin metal disk located behind the disk brake are too close to it, so once you turn, it rubs against the edge of the disk brake. All I did was pushed it a lil backward, giving lil clearance between the 2.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:44 PM
AcC95oRd

Originally posted by PoohBoi
I don't know if it's the same problem as mine. mine wasn't relate to the intake at all, just that the thin metal disk located behind the disk brake are too close to it, so once you turn, it rubs against the edge of the disk brake. All I did was pushed it a lil backward, giving lil clearance between the 2.
yeah i dont think it has anything to do with my intake either just started once i installed it, thin metal disk? hmm well it seems the more the car bounces the more it squeaks...