Notices

2000 Accord Speedometer reset

Old 12-08-2009, 05:48 AM
korec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Accord Speedometer reset

Hi:

I replaced the battery in my Accord this morning and when I started my car, the speedometer swung all the way around. I can see that it is working but it is stuck against the seating pin so I don't think it is a sensor issue. Is there any way to get it to swing back around? If not, does anyone have instructions on removing the dash so I can manually swing the speedo needle back to it's home position?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:42 AM
Accord1278

Originally Posted by korec
Hi:

I replaced the battery in my Accord this morning and when I started my car, the speedometer swung all the way around. I can see that it is working but it is stuck against the seating pin so I don't think it is a sensor issue. Is there any way to get it to swing back around? If not, does anyone have instructions on removing the dash so I can manually swing the speedo needle back to it's home position?
I'm not sure if there's a way to do without opening up the dash. If you need to open the dash and do it manually, it's very easy. A few screws and that's about it. Just be careful with it and try not to touch too many things as it will leave smudge marks. Also, be very careful not touch or move the gas needle and make sure you make a note of where it is exactly just in case it gets moved. If you do end up messing up the gas needle, just go to the gas station, fill it up completely, and then reset/move the gas needle back into the "full" position.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:50 AM
korec

Originally Posted by Accord1278
I'm not sure if there's a way to do without opening up the dash. If you need to open the dash and do it manually, it's very easy. A few screws and that's about it. Just be careful with it and try not to touch too many things as it will leave smudge marks. Also, be very careful not touch or move the gas needle and make sure you make a note of where it is exactly just in case it gets moved. If you do end up messing up the gas needle, just go to the gas station, fill it up completely, and then reset/move the gas needle back into the "full" position.
Thanks. Do you have any detailed instructions / faq on dash / instrument panel removal? I can't seem to find one in the forums.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Accord1278

Originally Posted by korec
Thanks. Do you have any detailed instructions / faq on dash / instrument panel removal? I can't seem to find one in the forums.
No and you don't need them. All you need is a philips screwdriver and a flat head would help to prey things out if need be. There are a couple of screws that you need to remove and that's it. It should take you less than 5 mins to get the entire thing out.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Willb2305

removing the speedo is easy the hardest thing is removing the harnesses which sometimes get stuck.