Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to make Mold for 5th Gen kits

Old 03-04-2003, 11:45 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to make Mold for 5th Gen kits

I've seen some1 make a mold for their Fiberglass Subwoffer Box and stuff. I was thinking of how to make a mold for the Body kit. My brother can make some really good and flexible Fiberglass. He works for a Fibgerglass making company. But the hardest part is making the mold. Does any1 know how?

Yea the idea is seem kinda outrageous and wack, but love to give it a try. Planing that the first product will be a new set of Custom designed wing.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:46 PM
RY2K
5 speed

Default Re: How to make Mold for 5th Gen kits

Originally posted by PoohBoi
I've seen some1 make a mold for their Fiberglass Subwoffer Box and stuff. I was thinking of how to make a mold for the Body kit. My brother can make some really good and flexible Fiberglass. He works for a Fibgerglass making company. But the hardest part is making the mold. Does any1 know how?

Yea the idea is seem kinda outrageous and wack, but love to give it a try. Planing that the first product will be a new set of Custom designed wing.
thats a crazy idea
i like custom stuff
Old 03-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One good way is to make a reverse mold out of foam then line it with duct tape and lay in some "kitty hair" then shape it after you pull it out with sanding etc.

Its not hard to do with wings but the same idea applies with body kits as well....just reverse mold it then make a cast out of "kitty hair" then make a more durable mold once the shaping is done.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:00 PM
dantastic
cx power!

use the top of the facotory bumper to make a mold with fiberglass. then make a crazy kit for the bottom. then put the 2 together so u can mount it to the stock points
Old 03-05-2003, 08:48 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Thanks, I think I kinda get the Idea, the best method to make a mold is to have a beginner shape then designed it how we want to.. I was thinking of Making a Modifed FULL W-Type Kit by using the W-Type Kit I have now. Then custome design it. But they're just the thoughts as for now. May be crazy and have plenty of time enough to do it during this summer vacation.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:24 PM
dantastic
cx power!

Originally posted by PoohBoi
Thanks, I think I kinda get the Idea, the best method to make a mold is to have a beginner shape then designed it how we want to.. I was thinking of Making a Modifed FULL W-Type Kit by using the W-Type Kit I have now. Then custome design it. But they're just the thoughts as for now. May be crazy and have plenty of time enough to do it during this summer vacation.
just mold it to the bumper using that bondo for urethane bumpers
Old 03-06-2003, 09:51 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Originally posted by dantastic
just mold it to the bumper using that bondo for urethane bumpers
can you explain it a lil more. Thanks