Notices

Magnaflow Vs. Dynomax???

Old 02-26-2003, 08:35 PM
d21x
Ownz JOO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow Vs. Dynomax???

hey whats up everyone. i'm having problems picking either magnaflow or dynomax as my muffler. the only requirements for my muffler is that it looks good and is quite. i know the dynomax's arent loud, but i'm not sure with the magnaflows. i thought they were all loud. the magnaflows howerver do look a lot better than the dynomax's. if anyone has any experience please post. thanks!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 10:58 PM
F23A4_AcCoRdude

magnaflows are pretty loud. Every one ive heard were loud and every ppl that had them tell me they're loud. I dont kno about dynomax. Why dont u consider Apexi WS catback system? They're like stock in noise level, yet still provides gains and looks better.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:32 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Originally posted by F23A4_AcCoRdude
magnaflows are pretty loud. Every one ive heard were loud and every ppl that had them tell me they're loud. I dont kno about dynomax. Why dont u consider Apexi WS catback system? They're like stock in noise level, yet still provides gains and looks better.
i think he's on a tight budget. i would go for dynomax super turbo, it should only cost you about $40 or so for the muffler. Magnaflows are straight through mufflers which are loud, dynomax also makes a similar muffler to that. Magnaflow does make a street series which is supposedlt quieter too.

If you get the dynomax super turbo make sure you paint it black since it's not stainless steel.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:24 AM
d21x
Ownz JOO

Originally posted by AccordSleeper
i think he's on a tight budget. i would go for dynomax super turbo, it should only cost you about $40 or so for the muffler. Magnaflows are straight through mufflers which are loud, dynomax also makes a similar muffler to that. Magnaflow does make a street series which is supposedlt quieter too.

If you get the dynomax super turbo make sure you paint it black since it's not stainless steel.
thanks for clearing that up. i know the magnaflows were straight through design, which would yield loudness. i hate the fact that the dynomax's look horrible, but i'm being forced to get one. should i just paint the muffler with black high temp paint??? thanks!!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 06:46 AM
jschmid

I'll vouch for magnaflow's being loud.

Originally posted by d21x
should i just paint the muffler with black high temp paint??? thanks!!!!

That's what I did to my TL-S mufflers and piping:
Old 02-27-2003, 07:01 PM
AadosX

Magnaflows are hella loud!
Old 02-27-2003, 07:27 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

get HKS. Better quality. NOT EXTREME LOUD. but LOW DEEP TONE loud. I removed my Cat. Converter, and it's give of a low deep tone vibration. I personally don't like Magnaflow. Better if you go with HKS, Greddy, ApexI, or DC Sport.