Notices

how does the new accord compare to altima?

Old 02-24-2003, 05:04 PM
br2819

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how does the new accord compare to altima?

i am looking into buying a new car and i have a few cars that i am looking at. how does the accord compare performance wise with the maxima and altima? i would like your opinions on which car you think is better.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:08 PM
jschmid

Here's a comparo Car and Driver did:

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...hlight=Comparo

4 cylinder models...Accord was #1, Altima was #5
Old 02-24-2003, 05:13 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Performance wise? The Altima and Max are both faster and handle better than any Accord except the new 6 speed. But the Max is much more expensive, and once you sit in the Altima you'll realize why the Accord kicks its ass in comparisons if you value interior design/comfort/fit and finish/materials at ALL.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:43 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

the altima is extremly unrefined. it's a bit clunky and the i4 model is very noisy.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:23 PM
jschmid

The '04 Maxima got beat up pretty bad by the ugly stick.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:46 PM
AadosX

No offence jschmid... but I think 4 cyl. sedans and pretty much any car these days is just... ugh... The maxima is really nice but a little more expensive. Accord > Altima
Old 02-25-2003, 06:16 AM
jschmid

Originally posted by AadosX
No offence jschmid... but I think 4 cyl. sedans and pretty much any car these days is just... ugh... The maxima is really nice but a little more expensive. Accord > Altima
So you are saying 4cyl sedans is ugh or pretty much any car these days is ugh?

If you mean #1, then yes, you're right. WRX STI is weak sauce...only has 300hp. And the Evo VIII as well...a paltry 285 hp. Both AWD performance tuned 4 cyl sedans that will out run, out corner and outperform 95% of the cars on the road.

And if you mean #2, and you think as you said "pretty much any car these days is just ...ugh..." Then quit wasting your time here and get on a "Star Trek" forum or some sh*t like that.

So is your 5th gen I4 is cool because it has two less doors and less power than my car, or is your car ugh as well?

I take no offense to what you say, don't worry...I just can't believe how ingorant your post was

And the new Maxima...I've always liked Maximas...but past few gens have been in a class (performance, features, and cost) above Accords. The Altima is in the Accord's class. But I think the new 2004 one is ugly. Very ugly...and looks too big.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articl...04maxima_1.jpg
Old 02-25-2003, 07:00 AM
AadosX

Originally posted by jschmid
So you are saying 4cyl sedans is ugh or pretty much any car these days is ugh?

If you mean #1, then yes, you're right. WRX STI is weak sauce...only has 300hp. And the Evo VIII as well...a paltry 285 hp. Both AWD performance tuned 4 cyl sedans that will out run, out corner and outperform 95% of the cars on the road.

And if you mean #2, and you think as you said "pretty much any car these days is just ...ugh..." Then quit wasting your time here and get on a "Star Trek" forum or some sh*t like that.

So is your 5th gen I4 is cool because it has two less doors and less power than my car, or is your car ugh as well?

I take no offense to what you say, don't worry...I just can't believe how ingorant your post was

And the new Maxima...I've always liked Maximas...but past few gens have been in a class (performance, features, and cost) above Accords. The Altima is in the Accord's class. But I think the new 2004 one is ugly. Very ugly...and looks too big.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articl...04maxima_1.jpg
Haha what I meant was 4 cyl sedans are ugh because they are large cars and these days 6 cyl engines are so prominent... Also I was saying that pretty much any car that is a 4 cyl is "ugh" because now even good coupes come in 4 cyl. I peronally dont like how my car is a 4 cyl. but I don't really get the luxory of money right now... And believe it or not I was thinking specifically about you coming back with crap about the WRX or EVO when I was typing that haha because the WRX STi is my favorite car in the world... but obviously turbo is a little diff now isnt it. Now finally, would you rather have a 6 cyl. or not? Because thats really what I mean. People were saying that the 4 cyl. Altima wasn't nice... what do you expect from a massive sedan running on a 4 cyl. engine when these days everyone is used to more power.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:10 AM
boilers

Yeah, I agree. With new cars have more and more power, it seems that a 4 cyl family sedan feels kinda slow. I used to have a 6th gen accord 4 cyl auto, man, the car feel so slow

Back to the topic, I think the accord is a better overall car as a family sedan. But the altima has an advantage in power.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:11 AM
jschmid

Originally posted by AadosX
Now finally, would you rather have a 6 cyl. or not? Because thats really what I mean. People were saying that the 4 cyl. Altima wasn't nice... what do you expect from a massive sedan running on a 4 cyl. engine when these days everyone is used to more power.
Just so you know buddy...in that comparsion I posted, the Accord 4 CYL 5 speed beat the Altima 3.5 V6 5speed.

That's what we're talking about here: how the Accord compares to other cars, not whether 4cyl motors suck.

Yeah, you better go get a V6 Altima...or even better a V6 Mustang or Camaro.